Cadeson, Studio Series - reduced price.

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
Price cut down ... Usually they do not discount because they had been pretty much factory direct.

Some here know Cadeson drums. I have a set of Studio Series.

I think that these may be new old stock. For, as far as I know, today thin shelled three ply maple Studio Series are hard to find.

http://www.richardsmusic.net/products/Cadeson-Studio-Series-3236.html

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Somebody was asking me who was a USA dealer for Cadeson, now I can refer them to this shop, thanks.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wish I could get info on the Royal Custom series..I can get a 7 pc for 1k Cdn, but its a good drive to look at them!

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
wayne said:
I wish I could get info on the Royal Custom series..I can get a 7 pc for 1k Cdn, but its a good drive to look at them!
The first Cadeson drum I owned is a Royal Custom bronze 6.5 snare with die cast hoops. It was sold by a shop that just came back from a NAMM show and bought the display models. I played it for a half a minute and walked up to the cashier and bought it. Then I began my search about the brand and at that time was being sold through a west coast distributor. That was 2001. I now have three snares and a beautiful studio set. Sad part is,... it sits in my closet since I moved into an apartment. No desire to sell it. My only desire is that I do not get too old before I find a place where I can live and practice on them. Time flies when that happens,

This may help some.... https://reverb.com/item/3437650-cadeson-royal-custom-drum-set

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm going to see them, its driving me crazy, but one thing I'm really curious about.
He says the hoops on the toms are flanged like old Sonor and are dark grey in color. I vaguely recall they were special,
but I cant find anyone who remembers..There is something drawing me to this deal??...oh, the lugs are gold plated as well.

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
wayne said:
I'm going to see them, its driving me crazy, but one thing I'm really curious about.
He says the hoops on the toms are flanged like old Sonor and are dark grey in color. I vaguely recall they were special,
but I cant find anyone who remembers..There is something drawing me to this deal??...oh, the lugs are gold plated as well.
Take another look at the link I gave you? Click on the photo to enlarge it. There are those hoops!

Cadeson made almost everything in house, so they could decide to do things like that. They make their own die cast hoops as well.

DaveT

Reaction score
I have a really nice Cadeson Royal Custom kit i am trying to find info on regarding when it was manufactured, pedigree, etc.. for potential sale.
This is a 5 piece with all original hardware and travel cases. All gold tension hardware - 4 ply maple blond finish wood - Pics attached
Thanks in advance for any info.

Attachments

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I have a Cadeson Royal Custom Studio kit that's the best sounding set I've ever owned but there is minimal info on the brand in the USA. all I can tell you is your set is most likely from the 2000s and I think the badge design on my set is the newer one.

CadesonStudioFull.jpg

The shells are 3-ply maple with re-rings according to this seller: http://www.richardsmusic.net/products/Cadeson-Studio-Series-3236.html

The floor tom is upside down in your photo, btw.

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
DaveT said:
I have a really nice Cadeson Royal Custom kit i am trying to find info on regarding when it was manufactured, pedigree, etc.. for potential sale.
This is a 5 piece with all original hardware and travel cases. All gold tension hardware - 4 ply maple blond finish wood - Pics attached
Your floor tom is upside down. LOL

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
EvEnStEvEn said:
I have a Cadeson Royal Custom Studio kit that's the best sounding set I've ever owned but there is minimal info on the brand in the USA. all I can tell you is your set is most likely from the 2000s and I think the badge design on my set is the newer one.

CadesonStudioFull.jpg

The shells are 3-ply maple with re-rings according to this seller: http://www.richardsmusic.net/products/Cadeson-Studio-Series-3236.html

What does your Cadeson tags say? Royal Custom, or Studio Series? They are two different things the last time I checked.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
GeneZ said:

CadesonStudioFull.jpg

What does your Cadeson tags say? Royal Custom, or Studio Series? They are two different things the last time I checked.
Says studio in the first pic.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
GeneZ said:
The badges read Cadeson "Studio", but they're not Studio SERIES drums, they're Royal Custom Series drums.

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
EvEnStEvEn said:
The badges read Cadeson "Studio", but they're not Studio SERIES drums, they're Royal Custom Series drums.

Ahh hah!... That changed since I got mine.

My first Cadeson drum... snare (bronze) is "Royal Custom." Then I became intrigued and ordered a Studio Series set.
And, then... I had to move into an apartment. Yeeeesh!

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score

Hey! Only the bass drum is Royal Custom. I looked at the photos enlarged for the first time today. The toms and snare are the Studio Series! Only the bass drum is Royal Custom....

In case it still matters... That is an excellent combination!

:) GeneZ

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the tom sizes. Right in line with 90’s Yamaha MC, just between power toms and standard sizes, which to me is perfect. Even the lugs look a bit like the gold MC of that era (edit: actually they look exactly like those lugs.. what gives?)

Seems like a nice kit at a very good price, but I haven’t seen much talk of Cadeson. That’d make it a gamble for me.

Last edited:

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like the tom sizes. Right in line with 90’s Yamaha MC, just between power toms and standard sizes, which to me is perfect. Even the lugs look a bit like the gold MC of that era.

Seems like a nice kit at a very good price, but I haven’t seen much talk of Cadeson. That’d make it a gamble for me.
The reason for their discontinuation in the States was because of the marketing director's bad concept. In order to keep the prices low they would only ship in large bulk. One store owner I talked to who had several kits on his store told me that the woman in charge had some counterproductive ideas. You could not order a kit and get it in normal time, unless many orders were ready to ship.

I have my Studio Series set "aging" in my closet because I am not ready to break my apartment lease yet in glory. In the mean time I am letting this "vintage" sounding set age to a good vintage year.. In my opinion, they sound really excellent. Mine, and another set I sat behind in the store consistently sounded pleasing....

If you want a sample of what the Studio Series can sound like (I did some careful tweaking of the tuning) you might give a listen here. I made this recording when they were new...

When you get to the link, look for post # 6. There is a link for an audio file.

https://www.drumforum.org/threads/cadeson.124245/

Last edited:

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A 2 yr old thread!!...Cadeson, a name in drums i have always wanted to have but missed the opportunity a couple of times by me being a wise guy and dickin around...So is anyone selling at the moment?

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
A 2 yr old thread!!...Cadeson, a name in drums i have always wanted to have but missed the opportunity a couple of times by me being a wise guy and dickin around...So is anyone selling at the moment?
Only with a broken heart if I did...

I am saving mine (hopefully) for when I can have my own place again and can practice to my heart's content.

Keep looking. You can find some NOS at good prices at times.

Just found some NOS sets to look at ... With cut prices on what was already lower priced to begin with than equivalent competition. That is because they used to sell factory direct. So, the prices were always pleasingly fair.

Last edited:

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Had the maple Studio Wiz some time back in 10/14/20 and they were great. Don't know why I sold them. The original matt grey hoops are not seen in this pic but the "gold" lugs might be.....I live reasonably close to Taiwan but their supply is locally considered extremely slow despite having a main dealer here.

1934392_1107073405053_5296540_n.jpeg