Cadeson, Studio Series - reduced price.

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
Had the maple Studio Wiz some time back in 10/14/20 and they were great. Don't know why I sold them. The original matt grey hoops are not seen in this pic but the "gold" lugs might be.....I live reasonably close to Taiwan but their supply is locally considered extremely slow despite having a main dealer here.

. View attachment 454088
That Cadeson pedal was really good. I gave mine to my nephew since I already had a DW.

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason for their discontinuation in the States was because of the marketing director's bad concept. In order to keep the prices low they would only ship in large bulk. One store owner I talked to who had several kits on his store told me that the woman in charge had some counterproductive ideas. You could not order a kit and get it in normal time, unless many orders were ready to ship.

I have my Studio Series set "aging" in my closet because I am not ready to break my apartment lease yet in glory. In the mean time I am letting this "vintage" sounding set age to a good vintage year.. In my opinion, they sound really excellent. Mine, and another set I sat behind in the store consistently sounded pleasing....

If you want a sample of what the Studio Series can sound like (I did some careful tweaking of the tuning) you might give a listen here. I made this recording when they were new...

When you get to the link, look for post # 6. There is a link for an audio file.

https://www.drumforum.org/threads/cadeson.124245/
Nice solo! It brought Gene Krupa to mind.

The Cadeson fit with a big band band / bop sound but there's a modern edge to them as well. It would've been interesting to see what would've happened if they were properly marketed in the US. They sound good enough that they'd have had a strong market here.

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
Nice solo! It brought Gene Krupa to mind.

The Cadeson fit with a big band band / bop sound but there's a modern edge to them as well. It would've been interesting to see what would've happened if they were properly marketed in the US. They sound good enough that they'd have had a strong market here.
The person I spoke to in a shop that was carrying them in Atlanta (when they first came stateside) told me the woman in their marketing department was an idiot (my words). He said they were really dedicated and smart in how to design shell structures for a kit. When I sat behind one kit they had set up and saw how nicely the insides of the drums were constructed, I was sold. They felt good to play.