Calabria Custom 20.5" and 18" crash/rides.

kevin klever

Reaction score
Pretty sure Ariel started making/modding cymbals independently before pretty much anyone else was in the game other than Spizzichino, Mike Skiba and Johan VDS. Maybe I'm wrong on my timeline, but it was definitely around the same time that the "second wave" of independent cymbalsmiths emerged (Craig Lauritsen, Matt Nolan, Matt Bettis) I remember him posting on Cymbalholic at least 13-14 years ago about how he was getting into cymbalsmithing. Have had the chance to hear and play a couple of his cymbals that have made it up past the border here and they're very cool, with their own super musical vibe.

rumbabajabba

Reaction score
Pretty sure Ariel started making/modding cymbals independently before pretty much anyone else was in the game other than Spizzichino, Mike Skiba and Johan VDS. Maybe I'm wrong on my timeline, but it was definitely around the same time that the "second wave" of independent cymbalsmiths emerged (Craig Lauritsen, Matt Nolan, Matt Bettis) I remember him posting on Cymbalholic at least 13-14 years ago about how he was getting into cymbalsmithing. Have had the chance to hear and play a couple of his cymbals that have made it up past the border here and they're very cool, with their own super musical vibe.
Thanks very much! Sincerely appreciate! I started about 8 years ago, maybe around the same time as Heather Stine, so would be criminal to put myself in the same frame/amount of experience as Craig and the Matts.

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not only is Ariel an awesome cymbalsmith but he can play pretty much any instrument you put in front of him. Although we haven’t done a gig with him on bagpipes yet, so I may be wrong.

Blueprint

Reaction score
Wow, love that 20.5. It's everything the Agop 25th wants to be, but isn't. Love Ariel's work--one of the best out there.

Latest posts