Camber T-Tops

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I want to buy some of these T-tops for my stands.
Has anybody used them and what do you think?
And does anybody know if they will fit as standard, I have Gibraltar 4709, 6709 & 9709 boom stands?
I've been looking and some people post the T-tops as being 6mm and others say 8mm. I don't know how many mm's
my stands are and Gibraltar doesn't post it on their website.
Did these T-tops come in different sizes?
camber.jpg

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Camber T-Tops originally came in the 1/4" - 20 thread which were designed to fit the American drum company stands of the time (Ludwig, Rogers, Slingerland). They have also been made in two Metric thread sizes - 6mm X 1.00 and 8mm x 1.25. They work great. Your Gibraltar stands should have 8mm threaded tops.

MBB

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love T-Tops. Been using them for years. Had them on dw stands and now on Ludwig Atlas pro stands. So much simpler than unscrewing stuff, plus I love my cymbals to be loose on the stands. Great simple product.

burgundy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I use the T-tops, love them, i'm older now and fingers don't work like the used too! and when wing nuts dropped they went on a trip of their own, into someone elses space.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Camber T-Tops originally came in the 1/4" - 20 thread which were designed to fit the American drum company stands of the time (Ludwig, Rogers, Slingerland). They have also been made in two Metric thread sizes - 6mm X 1.00 and 8mm x 1.25. They work great. Your Gibraltar stands should have 8mm threaded tops.
Excellent!
I found someone that has them brand new "New old stock". The problem is that they are 6mm., so I guess they won't work on my Gibraltars. Guess I'm gonna have to find somebody that has the 8mm's.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Explorers Percussion had a goodly supply of these as of a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure they had mostly the 8mm variety. Generally it's the 6mm that are the tough ones to find.

I use these too wherever possible, they save setup and tear down time and work well.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I have them on all my stands, love 'em! I have been using them for at least 10 years in and out of hardware bags and cases without fail.

Doesn't say 6mm or 8mm might call them. http://www.newarkmusical.com/product_info.php?products_id=1058

Such a nice simple product, shame they aren't still made, or I guess they aren't. There's several other products that are similar but none that I like as much.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Explorers Percussion had a goodly supply of these as of a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure they had mostly the 8mm variety. Generally it's the 6mm that are the tough ones to find.
Yeah that's where I bought all my 8's and one pack of 6's I have one of the pre-atlas Ludwig Flat cymbal stand and one bass drum cymbal arm, both take the 6mm. Maybe I bought all the 8's they had I think I bought a dozen.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have them on all my stands, love 'em! I have been using them for at least 10 years in and out of hardware bags and cases without fail.

Doesn't say 6mm or 8mm might call them. http://www.newarkmusical.com/product_info.php?products_id=1058

Such a nice simple product, shame they aren't still made, or I guess they aren't. There's several other products that are similar but none that I like as much.
Yeah that's the source that I found. It does say 6mm. on the page. Won't work for me. I'll find them somewhere else I'm sure.

ellaguru

Reaction score
If you strike out at the T Tops...take a look at these:

both 6mm and 8mm sizes. i have them all around

0410191013.jpg

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 393299
That's the product I was trying to think of. I have seen these and would be a good substitute. Well made, no plastic!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

View attachment 393299
That definitely seems like a good option. I like the metal! I don't want anything that's plastic.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

I use these too wherever possible, they save setup and tear down time and work well.
The ones that Newark Musical has are 6mm. Bag of 2 for like $7 and they are brand new. Might be an option if you are looking for those. I need the 8's!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

View attachment 393299
So they do make them in 8mm? I only see them in 6.

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Since they are no longer in production, maybe Josh at INDe could come up with something like them - only better!

gwbasley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Used them forever...well, since they first came out, (maybe sometime in the 70's). The last time I bought some was about 10 years ago and I think it was Memphis Drum, but it could have been Steve Weiss or Casico.... They come in 6mm (1/4 X 20 thread) or 8mm (which is common on most modern stands).

There is nothing faster for set up / break downs and I have never had a cymbal dislodge or fly off. Easily worth the time spent on a web search.

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Please be aware that 6mm threads (6mm - 1.00) and 1/4 - 20 threads are NOT the same. Not even close and definitely NOT compatible.