Camco Floor Tom Legs Reproduction - It's about time!

ANR

Reaction score
Last edited:

ANR

Reaction score
The legs are actually $119 for the strait version and $129 for the splayed version. A friend of mine just bought a set of the splayed ones and he is satisfied with the appearance and the price.
The original vintage ones can cost over $250 if they are in good or better condition and they don't come up for sale very often. You can find the reproduction legs easily on reverb by searching for Camco drums or Camco Floor Tom legs or here's the links:

https://reverb.com/item/26319072-camco-reproduction-floor-tom-legs-17-straight-and-18-splayed-versions

https://reverb.com/item/27165244-camco-reproduction-floor-tom-legs-18-splayed-version-and-17-straight-leg

Best regards

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It'd be nice if someone could make them a little cheaper, notwithstanding how much originals cost.

ANR

Reaction score
Fair enough. The machining has to be expensive with the notches/bending etc...

trixonian

DFO Master
Reaction score
Also, since Camco kits are rare, there is no "economy of scale" at work to lower pricing through mass production.

mewing

Reaction score
While $145 shipped sounds like a lot for three floor tom legs, I'll be happy to pay it for my Oaklawn kit. Sometimes just having the option is a good thing. I'm ordering a set. Thanks for the tip ANR!

Prufrock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
From what I have been told, only 25 sets of each type of leg were manufactured. It's a fairly specialized market, as has already been mentioned, and I expect there won't be a huge push to make more. Once they are gone I bet some people are going to wish they had purchased them when they had the chance, as they are good quality, look absolutely correct, and are less expensive than the difficult-to-find originals.

Prufrock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
DW should offer (reoffer?) them with their sets. Were early DW sets users of that leg?
wait don't they still use them? The Camco shaped leg? whats the diff

:
The difference is between utility and accuracy. There are a few different types of Camco legs (lengths, straight or splayed) that go with a certain periods of kit (although there was an overlap period where you could order straight or splayed legs in the Oaklawn era). The Camco legs have notches in them, and they look very similar to some Leedy legs, but those have a different number of notches, and are usually NOB rather than COB. Modern DW splayed legs would function well (and I seem to remember some that also had notches), but only if they are vintage diameter, which I don't believe they offer.

So the devil is in the details. The reproductions are very faithful to the original designs, only they are stainless steel rather than COB, and they don't have the little notch at the end where the foot is attached, so there is no mistaking these for originals.

Latest posts