Camco model 800 Hi-hat

kdgrissom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As far as anyone knows, did these hi-hats ever come with a tilter screw mechanism for the bottom cymbal?
I am restoring one and it is surprisingly spartan with a simple 1.5" cup metal base for the bottom cymbal.
On the upside, old vintage cymbals with small holes should easily work on this model as there is no plastic sleeve on the base for the rod to pass through.

1613857546223.png

OK, I just found this on a google search. Mine does not have a screw (or a hole) .....anybody know when this might have been upgraded?

1613857710640.png

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same Camco stand that came new with my '66 Slingerland kit. It also has the non-drilled plate like yours. But it also has a removable large, round metal plate separated by felts that goes over that base flange.
And there is a tilter cap screw with attached backing plate in there to do the job....much like the Tama's of the 1980's. Because my stand looks all original down to the clutch, I'm guessing it came with that tilter. Nice feature in
any case as it's big enough to clear the base plate and allow smooth and easy access. Maybe it was an accessory designed in the 60's to 70's to allow those earlier stands to function better ???

WFL/Ludwig stands in the 1960's made the same transition from non-drilled plates to ones with an installed tilter.