Camco pedal with a one piece footboard

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the history of the Martin Fleetfoot, like what else did the company make and when were they around?

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long but I’ve been seriously busy between work and bands this week! Not a bad thing considering! Here it is. I acquired it with a Camco kit I bought for $500.

Attachments

kdgrissom

Reaction score
The first mention I find on the Drum Archive site of the Gretsch Floating (#4955) action pedal in a 1948 catalog, but with no picture. It appears to be their most expensive BD pedal at $19.50.
The 1950 Gretsch catalog has a picture of the #4955 and it looks about like the Martin.
I'm going out on a limb here, but perhaps Camco licensed (or bought) the rights from Martin???
I can't find the Martin Fleetfoot offered on it's own by any other drum company as an optional pedal. Can anybody shed any light on this?

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
The first mention I find on the Drum Archive site of the Gretsch Floating (#4955) action pedal in a 1948 catalog, but with no picture. It appears to be their most expensive BD pedal at $19.50.
The 1950 Gretsch catalog has a picture of the #4955 and it looks about like the Martin.
I'm going out on a limb here, but perhaps Camco licensed (or bought) the rights from Martin???
I can't find the Martin Fleetfoot offered on it's own by any other drum company as an optional pedal. Can anybody shed any light on this?
Yes, Camco bought the rights from Martin. Camco produced the pedal under the Camco name as well as Gretsch and Power Sonic. DW acquired the rights when they purchased everything but the name Camco back in 1978.

Here’s a nice article on the Martin Fleetfoot pedal.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long but I’ve been seriously busy between work and bands this week! Not a bad thing considering! Here it is. I acquired it with a Camco kit I bought for $500.
Very cool!

I'm glad to see my hinge looks like yours. Makes me think it is original to my pedal. I wasn't quite sure.