Camco Tuxedo 12 14 20

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow beautiful!

Gee you always seem to find them sweet kits! It's my favorite color too! It's a good thing, I didn't see it first... or else, I would have jumped on it too.

Congratulations Manny!
Thank you for the kind words! I think I'll try Evans UV1 coated on the toms.

Manny

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I own the same set. Love it! If you can find them, Geo Way (dunnett) hoops appear to be the closest match (ears and weight) without the wild expense for original reso sides. Rogers tall boys have the height and COB stick savers are also a good consideration.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A matching snare sold online in the last week. Hopefully you or someone here got it.

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words. This will be my third Tuxedo kit. Unfortunately my first was an absolute gem that I sold.

Anyway the matching snare was available but I decided to pass because it had some extra holes. I have a 6.5x14 Camco snare I can wrap to match for now.

Merry Christmas everyone

Lee Van Kief

Reaction score
Wooooooo, yeah! Congrats! There’s a 3D moire rewrap Oaklawn Aristocrat on the local CL right now that I’ve been heavily eyeballing. Kind of odd, though, the seller listed all of the sizes in 1/2” increments, and it has a 10” (10.5”???) tom that they are claiming is original. Haven’t reached out due to fear it may be a trap.

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wooooooo, yeah! Congrats! There’s a 3D moire rewrap Oaklawn Aristocrat on the local CL right now that I’ve been heavily eyeballing. Kind of odd, though, the seller listed all of the sizes in 1/2” increments, and it has a 10” (10.5”???) tom that they are claiming is original. Haven’t reached out due to fear it may be a trap.
If the price is right I would at least check it out. I personally think it's easy to tell if something is legit with a brief inspection. Don't forget just because something wasn't cataloged doesn't mean it's a fake.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW, nice add and congratulation! Merry Christmas to you for sure!

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The drums arrived safely on the 24th and I finally got around to unboxing them yesterday. I will get them up and running next week. Just need a couple hoops for the toms. The COB batter side hoops are icing on the cake with this kit!

Attachments

evanf

Reaction score

Here is a matching tuxedo snare.

Dolfan has indicated that Camco had two versions of Champagne Sparkle. One that had no silver flakes in it, the one on Reverb might be that wrap?

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I guess WI is the place for these. The one I referenced was from the Racine Goodwill drum but half the price. Suppose I should have kept bidding.

airborneSFC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I guess WI is the place for these. The one I referenced was from the Racine Goodwill drum but half the price. Suppose I should have kept bidding.
I was watching that snare and would have bought it if it remained under $600. To be honest I have another Camco snare I can wrap to match. If the worse case situation I find myself in is hunting down matching snares for my kits then so be it.

The last few times I was in the studio it was a trusty LM402 that got used over more expensive snare drums.