Camco. Yummy!

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For reasons unknown, I‘ve never owned Camco drums, until now. Traded some unused gear to my local shop for these beauties. The Swivo tom mount is original, no extra holes or funny business. As a regular gigging drummer (well, before this virus mess), I appreciate having the Swivo hardware. So pretty.

71685AFD-9373-4479-97A3-BE12EF6F33D7.jpeg

DC826F8F-2A58-45B3-93FF-6AB953EEF298.jpeg

9E45E1D4-570E-42B5-B6BF-DE20E6025647.jpeg

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Having a nice Camco kit like that (or even a Tama/Camco set) would fulfill a long-time dream for me. That is a gorgeous kit! Congratulations.

GeeDeeEmm

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Uh, I would guess that you would've had to come up with quite a collection of "unused gear" to get those. That looks to be an exquisite example of what to many is a Holy Grail set. Incredible!

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Uh, I would guess that you would've had to come up with quite a collection of "unused gear" to get those. That looks to be an exquisite example of what to many is a Holy Grail set. Incredible!
Thanks, Stu! Traded in a couple of sets for this one. Takes up less space, and is the perfect complement to my early 80's Yamaha 9000GA set. Down to two sets (although the 9000GA is a huge bank of drums) and looking like it's gonna stay that way for a good long while.

Prufrock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Camco kit! They tend to show up with original Swivo mounts pretty frequently, and I actually prefer them to the rail mount. Over time I've come to think of the Camco blue wrap as one of the best fishes for the Oaklawn drums. As already said in this thread, it has nice depth to it that really pops. It also seems to be one of the Camco finishes that holds up fairly well. When looking at the wrap samples, it is one of a handful of sparkles that is made of sparkles all the way through, and it is double-sided with red sparkle (unpolished) on the other side. So it is pretty hardy, and has nice depth of color. I hope you enjoy the kit for many years to come!

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
RIDDIM and D.B...

These Camco drums sound familiar, like many other good quality USA vintage drums I’ve owned in the past. They handle all tunings well, and the build quality is top notch. I like the 14” floor tom, but the straight legs suck the tone out of the drum on certain surfaces. I have some Gauger Flex Tips that I’m going to install to guarantee decoupling from any surface. Right now it’s not an issue, as the carpet in my apartment has generous padding underneath.