camco

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
i got this camco set a year ago ... it came with a 12-13-14-16-24 ... i traded my little rogers set 12-14-20 straight up for it
i sold the 13-14 toms , and later the 16 . the 16 was alice cooper white . i was going to sell the bass drum , and just keep the 12 to put together another little frankin set ... i pretty much had the bass drum sold , and i was going to ship it when i got back from , mexico ... when i returned home i had a change of heart and decided to keep the bass drum , the guy even offered me more money for it . i was a floor tom away for a nice 3 pc. set so i decided to find a matching floor tom . i found one , it was an oaklawn drum with mahogany finish . i sanded the drum down and re-stained it to match the rest of the set . i ordered inde mounts for the floor tom legs and the bass drum , i already had one for the 12 tom .... here's what they look like now ... i think it matched up pretty good ... the rogers set in the post is the one i traded

Attachments

Prufrock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My current gigging rock kit is made up of orphans in this exact configuration: LA 24" bass drum and 12" rack tom with a 16" Oaklawn. How are you liking the sound? What heads did you go with? I've got Aquarian Modern Vintage II's on mine right now with a Remo Fiberskyn reso on the bass drum (I changed out the black head shortly after the attached photo).

Attachments

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
nice set ... the heads that sound the best to me .... and for the last month i've tried just about every combo
pins on the toms clear amb on the bottom of the 12 , and clear emp for the floor .... bass drum has evans level 360 batter and remo smooth white ported

Prufrock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
nice set ... the heads that sound the best to me .... and for the last month i've tried just about every combo
pins on the toms clear amb on the bottom of the 12 , and clear emp for the floor .... bass drum has evans level 360 batter and remo smooth white ported
Thanks for the information on the heads you like on this kit. In what range do you tune them?

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
12'' tom , 16'' tom , i tune the reso heads just slightly higher than the batters
i try to get the best tone out of the drums .... right now they're sounding great in my drum room
and if i get them sounding great down there .... they usually sound good in all the places i play