Can anyone tell me if 14x14 FT will fit inside of a 14x12 protection racket bag

jkuhl

Reaction score
Just as the title suggests... I want to buy a set of pr bags but the only sets that accommodate a 20" kick only have the 14x12 option. I could get the 22" set but I don't want to if I don't have to hahaha.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it’s the newer made in China bag it’s not going to fit. My 14 just fits in the 14. The older UK bags might be a touch more room but not sure

jkuhl

Reaction score
If it’s the newer made in China bag it’s not going to fit. My 14 just fits in the 14. The older UK bags might be a touch more room but not sure
Bummer. In that case, can anyone recommend a set of bags equal in quality and durability to the pr stuff? Or does anyone know a dealer that will mix and match bag sizes?

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There was a thread where people were talking about these bags. They are reasonable and they look cool because the inside of them is like a Gibson Les Paul case, being pink that is. I think they have another color too but here’s the website. https://bartondrums.com/

jkuhl

Reaction score
There was a thread where people were talking about these bags. They are reasonable and they look cool because the inside of them is like a Gibson Les Paul case, being pink that is. I think they have another color too but here’s the website. https://bartondrums.com/
Hey thanks, I sent them an email. We'll see but the prices are good and the bags look nice.

Reaction score
When did Protection Racket stop manufacturing in the UK? I bought a bag 10 years ago and it's made in China.

I have a 13x6.5 bag that fits my 13x7 snare pretty much perfectly (there is no headroom to spare). If that's representative of what to expect, then I'd say your 14x14 won't fit a 14x12 bag.

Last edited:

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The AAA series is still hand made in the UK.

The other series are (as far as I know) made in China under the same high quality standards. If they stayed in the UK with production, the price would be too high, for the same quality nor could they keep up with the demand at that quality.

You can’t go wrong with Protection Racket and Dean is a breeze to wirk with, also they are distributed by Yamaha in most countries, which only happens when a company has the same high end quality.

It should fit snug, but that will depend on the mounting system too.

The RIMS version of the cases accommodate a little wider fit.

Last edited:

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried Beato?
They might not have the combo that you want but you might find the size you need individually:

Exactly what I was thinking. I have a Beato Pro 1 that's 14" deep and I can get my 16x16 FT's in it, so I believe it's possible at least with that brand. I know they're expensive but you just can't beat them. Fred Beato himself is a phone call away and he's always been happy to advise me on sizes.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Humes and Berg Drum Seeker bags will. I always buy a size down (depth) and my 14" tom bag will hold a 14X14 and even my 15X14 yammy ft. I purchase a 14X5.5 for all my 14X6.5 snares. They fit snug without a lot of floppy. Makes then stack nicely as well.

Also, very well padded and lined. That's all I use except for SKB hard cases.