Can Blu-Tack hang moving blankets?

EMW

Reaction score
As mentioned a month ago, we've moved. I've now got the Rogers Citadel (1969) kit set up in the 3rd bedroom, with a hardwood floor and 4 reverberating walls. So I'm thinking of hanging moving blankets all around. My question: Can I get away with mounting adhesive, like Blu-Tack, or should I just use nails? I have one blanket that feels like it weights 1 pound, but I've seen others advertised that weigh 3 lbs apiece. Anybody know the weight tolerance of such adhesives? Thanks.

Ellis

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
As mentioned a month ago, we've moved. I've now got the Rogers Citadel (1969) kit set up in the 3rd bedroom, with a hardwood floor and 4 reverberating walls. So I'm thinking of hanging moving blankets all around. My question: Can I get away with mounting adhesive, like Blu-Tack, or should I just use nails? I have one blanket that feels like it weights 1 pound, but I've seen others advertised that weigh 3 lbs apiece. Anybody know the weight tolerance of such adhesives? Thanks.

Ellis
Most likely won't work. That Blu-Tack is made for hanging paper. This is right off of their website:
blutack.png

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your moving blankets have grommets, try monkey hooks. You just push them through the drywall, and you have tiny nail sized holes.

EMW

Reaction score
Thanks to all! I was giving myself permission to use nails, since we're going to hang pictures all over the place, but I'll check out Command Strips.

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Or, build a PVC stand alone pipe rack and hang blankets close to the wall. All you need is glue and a PVC pipe cutter. You may not need too many blankets anyway. Go to You Tube an see how PVC can be use for issues around the house, garage, yard, etc.

sherm

jaymandude

Reaction score
Or, build a PVC stand alone pipe rack and hang blankets close to the wall. All you need is glue and a PVC pipe cutter. You may not need too many blankets anyway. Go to You Tube an see how PVC can be use for issues around the house, garage, yard, etc.

sherm
I was just thinking about this for my rental house. Thank you..

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Ace and other hardware stores have grommet kits which are cheap and easy to use in moving blankets.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Your new neighbors have no idea what’s going to be happening in peaceful, quiet their neighborhood! Ha! Nothing like playing drums to tell the block that you’ve arrived.