Can Hi Hats be Altered to Become Thinner/Lighter?

Topsy Turvy

Reaction score
Topsy Turvy,
I have a set of Istanbul Agop 15"Matt Chamberlain Signature Hi Hats, if you're interested. The weights are 964 and 1028. Here's the MyCymbal.com video:

I actually like these more than I thought. Let me see what happens with my current hi hats first.

mbettis

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone heard from Matt Bettis lately? We had spoken (messaged) about me sending my hi hats to him at the beginning of June, but he has not responded to my last few messages. Anyone have any ideas? Or should I try to go with someone else?
Oops! Missed your message. I just sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Matt

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think Maxwell does some work like this. But I’d opt for a different pair. Or just find two tops as an idea. Wouldn’t be hard to find a couple of singles and pair something together.

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
You could try paper thin crashes...from another good company. As an idea... but I’d be careful going way way thin. Sooner or later, might be too quiet.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Okay, thank you everybody. Unfortunately, Istanbul Agop does not make the 30th Anniversary as light as I want them to be. (Not for a 15" or 16" at least.) So, I'd have to go with a completely different brand.
What if you went to a smaller cymbal, like a 14?
What if you got another top cymbal, to use with the one you already have?
Its ok to incorporate different makes/models within a setup, as well.

Latest posts