Can I use Flitz Metal Polish on my Sabian 22" HHX Legacy Ride?

PhillipAycockOfficial

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is safe to use Flitz Metal Polish on my 22" HHX Dave Weckl Legacy Ride and not discolor or hurt the finish.

It is either a traditional or natural finish

I attached the cymbal below for picture of what I have.
THANKS for help!
Phillip

22_HHX_Legacy_Ride_N_2-1536x1310.png

Latdrummer

Reaction score
What’s the reason for using the polish? I think you would ruin a very fine cymbal, especially due to its natural finish that’s not meant to look brilliant or reflective.

Maybe you show us a picture of the actual cymbal to see what’s the issue with it?

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I've lightly cleaned both my Legacy cymbals 18" & 22" (same as yours) using Barkeepers Friend powder without any problems so Flitz would probably be fine. Try a dab on the underside.

Six-Ply

Reaction score
Try liquid Bar Keepers Friend. Wet cymbal. Spray a few lines around the cymbal and wirk it in with your hands. Rinse with water.You don't need to use cream cleaners on lightly soiled traditional finish cymbals. I've cleaned dozens of used cymbals over the years and every one of them look either brand new or close. Cream cleaners will give you more headaches than theyre worth. In circumstances with a brilliant cymbal and heavy discoloration they can be useful but there's no need 98% of the time. Liquid Bar Keepers Friend for $2.60 really IS your best friend when it comes to cymbals. Wash the cymbal with liquid hand soap and rinse at the end. Repeat if needed.