Can this be fixed?

Stpdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I received a poorly packed drumset and the floor tom leg bracket was sticking out of the box. Upon further inspection it looks like the interior ply of the shell has a crack. Does this look like an easy fix or should I send it back for a refund? I can't see any damage from the outside of the shell.

IMG_5345.jpg

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m in to trying to fix anything I get my hands on, but if I paid for an undamaged drum there is no way I’d accept that one

levelpebble

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
you definitely need compensation for that error, either in return or negotiated partial refund. Is it easy for you to determine who is at fault, the seller or the transport company? Photograph all the packing material before it's too late!!

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
What drum is that? Like the others said, if it’s new, send it back. If not, maybe use as a base of a coffee table… I wouldn’t get it repaired.

Reaction score
Sell it and state:
"Drum sounds great! Shell is cracked but it doesn't affect the sound at all!".

In all seriousness, send it back.

Stpdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I bought if from Guitar Center's used site so no problem returning it. It's a Slingerland Nashville Studio King kit in a beautiful sunburst finish. 16x22, 8x12, 9x13, 16x16, and 5x14 snare. The drum in question is a 16x16 that was packed into a 16" wide box. It sucks that they packed it so bad. I would have to accept a big refund in order to accept the kit. Looks like it's going back.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I bought if from Guitar Center's used site so no problem returning it. It's a Slingerland Nashville Studio King kit in a beautiful sunburst finish. 16x22, 8x12, 9x13, 16x16, and 5x14 snare. The drum in question is a 16x16 that was packed into a 16" wide box. It sucks that they packed it so bad. I would have to accept a big refund in order to accept the kit. Looks like it's going back.
That's a real shame, Nashville Slingerlands are in short enough supply as it is without them getting trashed in shipping through incompetent packaging.

CherryClassic

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a shame, If it was poorly packed you can't blame the freight company, but you can try. I would take pictures of everything and send it back and ask for money back.

Guitar Center should know better; they need their hands slapped.

Sorry it's a one of a kind kit. That breaks my heart.

sherm