Candidate for worst ever Ebay drum listing

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drum-vintage-drums-Zildjian-dw-Tama-pearl-snare-bass-Tom-Ludwig-stand-cymbals-Dw/174096407512?hash=item2888f45bd8:g:l0EAAOSwMtddzdBN&LH_ItemCondition=1500|3000|7000

Note that even if you do a local pickup.....you still get the $35,000 shipping fee. Too many things wrong with this ad to comment on in less than 4 hrs. I've mentioned this guy's ads here before. But this ad blows all those old ones away. Seller's Ebay name was changed from Rockindrums4U to Mydrums4U this past week. Didn't know you could do that but Ebay confirmed one can change ID name every 30 days...and Feedbacks transfer as well. Their listing for same warehouse load of stuff last week was similar to this but with only "$8000" in shipping. And that listing included a photo of their business card to freely solicit Ebay customers directly. Pretty sly to place contact phone number and email in a photo and not the actual listing where it will get flagged by Ebay.

John 1.jpg

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The description for those who may not wish to open the Ebay listing.....or to see it in the event the listing gets removed.

Hi all you drummers and drum shop owners! I’m selling my entire drum collection and I’m looking for serious buyers only please!

The price is low and shipping will be massive for this huge collection that’s why the shipping is so high and reasonable this is a huge collection and will go freight. You can also come and pick it all up as well.

Im Selling my entire collection to move on with my life and buy my mom a car and to find a great classic rock and and country to tour with and to go on the road full time with. I can also relocate for the right band.

You can see some of my drumming on YouTube john provost drummer. If you know of any solid working bands looking for a professional drummer that sings well please let me know.

You will make over 100,000 profit on this collection. Serious buyers only please!

Over 150 new and used drum heads. Evans Remo much more. Plus new old stock dead ringers n more.

There is tons of percussion from cowbells to bongos n much more..

Tons of drum sticks new and used!

Lots of cases hard and soft bags new and used.

This is massive. Bring a huge tractor trailer and I will help you as well.

My dream was to open a drum shop and be able to help other drummers and provide professional awesome service to all but right now I’m not able to do that. Please if you do not have the money don’t bid very simple..

You will make a lot of $$$$$ on this collection and I’m not selling at wholesale prices. I’m selling at fair prices!

I will deliver anywhere in us and if you pick up there will be the fees so be realistic about this please!

Some rare snare drums Ludwig 20s 4x14” nickel over brass 8 tube lug calf heads. All original

Ludwig superphonics 60s n more

Ludwig Acrolite snare drums.

Tama 8x14” cherry 80s beautiful

Lots of other Tama snare drums as well.

Dw new snare drums.

Low end and high end drums.

Vintage Ludwig toms. 9x13” black Vistalite Tom.

Rare 18x20” Ludwig white cortex all original has rust inside shell on screws and lite on the hoops. Bottom of drum needs love no cracks. All original

This is huge and you will make over 100,000 profit.

There are over 30 vintage and non drum sets from Tama superstar vintage Ludwig vintage sonor Leedy Slingerland drums n more!

There is Tama huge double bass sets and pearl double bass sets!

Here’s a few. Tama superstar mahogany 80s. 24”24”13”14”15”16”16”18” drums and 14”15”

Tama rare piano white lacquer 22”10”12”13”16”

Tama 5 pc mirage acrylic set with cases and drum light system.

Tama rockstar drums 5 pc sets

Taye studio maple 18”10”14”

Pearl vision sets 6pc10pc sets.

Lots of floor toms and extra toms.

Slingerland rare 50s Chicago bdp 20”12”14” matching 5x14”snare with stands.

Single bass sets and lots of single drums toms bass drums snare drums!

Over 30 snare drums 1920s- 1950s 1960s 70s 80s n more Ludwig Leedy Slingerland n more

There is over 200 new and used cymbals from a series to a custom k custom Sabian Paiste n more!

There is mostly high end cymbals and low end cheap cymbals too!

Some are new in bags, 6”8”10”12”13”14”15”16”17”18”19”20”21”22”

Effects splashes crash rides chinas

All sizes from 6”-22”. There is a series Zildjian a custom cymbals k custom cymbals

Sabian aax Sabian hhx Sabian paragon n more!

Paiste cymbals sound creation more!

Tons of stands from new dw 9000 to used pearl vintage Tama Yamaha sonor Slingerland Ludwig n much more.

Lots of boom arms. Lots of clamps and much much more.

The photos don’t do this justice please no lowball offers and be kind and serious please.

Good luck 2 all on my massive collection and serious buyers only please rock on John.

Happy hollidays to all and 2 all happy drumming Banda boom.

John.

Last edited:

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
This guy has been running the same ad since before the internet. The old NSMD folks used to talk about him.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He belongs to a few FB groups I’m in and he’s been looking for a retail store forever to open a drum store. Odd thing is he was asking people on FB if they knew of any retail store he could buy or lease as opposed to, you know, calling a real estate agent. Odd.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I ran into this guy for the first time ever last year. I had no idea of his track record. He wanted to sell me a "new" set of A Customs for $200 because he needed money within 3 days to renew his mother's car insurance. I'm glad to see that he's now getting her a car too. Last year, the party line was moving to Nashville in a week....have to sell everything this weekend, no fair offers refused. That got old after about 6 months.

Last edited:

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am giving plenty of 'benefit of the doubt' that he has junk........
I tried to tally up the numbers - and I get approx. $27000.
THEN you have shipping......

He probably is high at $35K, but maybe not too far off.

Profitability - doubt it in this downed market, but his problem is not asking too much.....it's that he is too lazy to list all this stuff appropriately. If he publicizes this offer(s) to garner publicity so as to simply provoke discussion (of serious consideration) - perhaps his listings are meeting their objective.

(for those who are interested)
15000 sets (at 500 ave per)
8000 cymbals (at 40 ave per)
3000 stands (at 30 ave per)
600 pedals (at 20 ave per)
1000 heads (at 6.66 ave ea)

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He must sell and buy often enough. There are kits listed now that weren't around last year. And on Ebay earlier this year he had a white Yamaha Recording Custom kit that is no longer listed. So some kits are coming and going.

In the past year the "warehouse" of drum equipment was on Ebay with a buy it now in the $18K-$22K range. Most active flippers I'm aware of in the Northeast work on at most a 50% buy-in of what they think they can get. And that often means 50% of a higher wholesale price range. In the case of the drum warehouse I think that 50% rule would hold as well for someone looking to pick this up locally with multiple truck loads. You'd have to piece-meal it over a year or more to avoid flooding your own regional market and driving prices down.

You should have bid on this deal last week when the shipping was only $8,000. Considering you can ship 4 collector cars about 2000 miles in an enclosed carrier for around $5000-$10,000....I would think the cost to load up a moving van load of drum stuff would be a LOT less than $35K. Possibly $8K-$12K. And it's the seller's responsibility to get it properly packed and loaded.

Last edited:

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
This account was hacked when this was posted on ebay last week. I asked a question of the seller. Ebay sent me a notice that the seller was a fraud account.

Looks like maybe someone is at it again.

tripp2k

Reaction score
He's searching for the one who is as dumb as he is. They are out there.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This account was hacked when this was posted on ebay last week. I asked a question of the seller. Ebay sent me a notice that the seller was a fraud account.

Looks like maybe someone is at it again.
Well, if the account was hacked last week, they're back at it again this week. Only one who seems to benefit in all this is the Worcester, MA "warehouse" seller. I got the same message from Ebay saying there was fraudulent activity on that account. It's also quite possible that's them giving the seller an "easy" way out to try and shape up. Why is someone posting a fraudulent activity that really only benefits that Worcester seller? More questions than answers.

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He belongs to a few FB groups I’m in and he’s been looking for a retail store forever to open a drum store. Odd thing is he was asking people on FB if they knew of any retail store he could buy or lease as opposed to, you know, calling a real estate agent. Odd.
I see him posting in those groups. He had an acrolite I was interested in. messaged him but the vagueness of his reply was a huge red flag

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I see him posting in those groups. He had an acrolite I was interested in. messaged him but the vagueness of his reply was a huge red flag
I've had some friends give that same kind of feedback. They don't really want to give you specifics on anything. They prefer you just show up and then they can try and sell you what they want to move. I've also noted in the CL listings that the "inventory" sometimes seems to float around the state of MA. Sometimes the stuff is in Boston, Worcester, northern MA, etc.

Same ad - now on CL

Last edited:

Latest posts