Cannister Throne

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Guys,'

Is anyone making Replica cannister thrones , the same type as the 50s and 60s? I'd like to get one in BDP to match my 50s Gretsch RB set.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Mike

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone is making them. But, I have two that I am willing to sell. One is a Ludwig that has been rewrapped with Oyster Black Pearl. The other is a Slingerland with original white wrap, from what I can tell.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I dont really like the JP2 creations....they are two short and too wide. They arent like the 50s and 60s thrones.

I investigated a DIY cannister throne. It looks like I can build one and have it covered in vintage BDP wrap for about $300. The seat is the only sticky point....I want it in white with a high padding, like Buddy Rich had.

Last edited:

Mackermanesq

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You can get the seat recovered-go to the local diner and ask who recovers their diner booths. If you're not skinny, new padding from a recover might help.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
I dont really like the JP2 creations....they are two short and too wide. They arent like the 50s and 60s thrones.

I investigated a DIY cannister throne. It looks like I can build one and have it covered in vintage BDP wrap for about $300. The seat is the only sticky point....I want it in white with a high padding, like Buddy Rich had.
Petty will do custom heights. Width is another matter...I think I’d prefer a wider, more stable throne. I, too, had thought about buying a shell and making my own.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thank you, thats good to know. It would have been nice if they offered vintage wraps on these.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I thought they did but after reading their description again I see that that is not the case. Sorry

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thats ok.....I've decided to build my own canny throne and cover in vintage BDP pearl to match the Gretsch Round Badge set I'm restoring. Should be a fun project, and since I'm not putting a hinge on the set, should be fairly easy to do, maybe one afternoons work.

el_37

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I thought they did but after reading their description again I see that that is not the case. Sorry
It says any "Nitron" finish is available- and all the "Nitron" finishes are basically all the wraps you can get from Delmar plus a few exclusives that only the manufacturers seem to have.

Latest posts