header.nohb.html

Canopus Bolt Tight Washers

Ang

Reaction score
What is the best way in everyone’s opinion to use these washers?
Do most of you guys put one under the steel washer and call it a day or do you prefer, BT washer/steel washer/BT washer, like they show on the package?
Just trying to get a feel for these.

ludwigfire

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I used these on a supra recently. My problem is the tension rods I used. I ordered new rods from DFD and they came with "captured" metal washers. There is no way to put the leather washer above the metal so I just used one leather between the metal washer and the rim. To be honest, I haven't noticed any difference at all.

Ang

Reaction score
I used these on a supra recently. My problem is the tension rods I used. I ordered new rods from DFD and they came with "captured" metal washers. There is no way to put the leather washer above the metal so I just used one leather between the metal washer and the rim. To be honest, I haven't noticed any difference at all.
Thanks, I used 20 of them on a Noble and Cooley SS snare with die cast hoops and captured washers. It’s kept the tuning pretty well.

I wanted to put them on 6.5”x14” hammered bronze Supra, it has no metal washers, might as well just play around and see what happens.