Canopus Solid Walnut 5.5x14

Drumbelly

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My next offering is a Canopus solid walnut snare drum. This features a solid walnut shell with no reinforcement rings. The sound is very cutting and focused with a nice tuning range due to the unrestricted shell and die cast hoops. I have heard that Vinny C. dug this particular drum when he visited DCP. Excellent condition and sound, I will ship to the Lower 48 for $850.

Attachments

Last edited:

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Hi Scott, is that the stock butt plate for a Canopus, or is it Trick? If it's Trick, are they the same mounting hole specs as the stock part?

Drumbelly

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Scott, is that the stock butt plate for a Canopus, or is it Trick? If it's Trick, are they the same mounting hole specs as the stock part?
Thanks for the interest. I don’t know if it is definitely stock or not. This is how it came to me from Drum Center of Portsmouth. It does not have any other holes and seems to be mounted by the same screws as the rest of the parts. The Zelkova I have here has the same butt, so I guess they used them.

BRicca

Reaction score
Incredible drum Scott. Canopus' attention to detail is second to none. I also have one from DCP and it's a real gem. I don't believe these are still being made either. GLWS!

BTW That is definitely not a Trick butt on there. It's the stock Canopus though it's a really similar design to the Trick GS007. It's very solid and holds extremely well.

Drumbelly

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Incredible drum Scott. Canopus' attention to detail is second to none. I also have one from DCP and it's a real gem. I don't believe these are still being made either. GLWS!

BTW That is definitely not a Trick butt on there. It's the stock Canopus though it's a really similar design to the Trick GS007. It's very solid and holds extremely well.
Thanks for the info about the butt plate. If I don't sell this drum I won't be that upset as it really is a work of art.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Gorgeous drum, Scott. Scott has nothing but the very finest in drums and he's a wonderful guy to deal with.

Latest posts