Can't find a decent box to ship a snare drum for restoring

Demonslayer

Reaction score
I've decided to finally send my N&C SS for a touch up at the factory, but I cannot find a box locally for the life of me. Please tell me if there's a place where I can get a decent box online that won't take forever to get here (00685). Thanks!

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
16x16x16 won't give you any cushion for the snare taking direct impacts on the sides. Even a simple Supraphonic measures 16" from lug to lug. Staples stores has the 16x16x16 boxes.

I used 18x18x18 cut down to ensure an inch of cushion per side. For a snare of little value.....yeah, I might scrimp on the 16" box.

For a high value snare I might consider an 18" box inside a 20" box.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Staples sells 20" cube, 20 cube heavy duty and 16" cube boxes. I think 16 is too small for a 14" snare.
Uhaul has a couple different 18x18 boxes (outside is over 18, so you'll be billed at 19).
Home Depot has 18x18 x really tall, but you can use the extra cardboard for insulation.
Fedex locations sell nice boxes too. UPS stores way overcharge for boxes.
I guess I do this too much...

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the hospital I work at they go through dozens of purchasing boxes a week, it's easy to get a box that pretty much fits things to store, ship or whatever.

Hit a local business that buys stuff, hardware store or whatever and see if you can find a box that fits. If it's a little big go heavy on the bubble wrap.

Barden

Reaction score
I've decided to finally send my N&C SS for a touch up at the factory, but I cannot find a box locally for the life of me. Please tell me if there's a place where I can get a decent box online that won't take forever to get here (00685). Thanks!
You're going to have to buy a new snare drum just for the box...

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Home depot, LARGE box, 18”x18”x24”, always in stock, $2, cut down the 24” to desired size, good to go!