Cappella The Drumstick People

C Ce

Reaction score
I’m a diehard Capella stick Endorsee. I’ve been very heartbroken over hearing the company has been closed and have been trying to locate info on them. It’s sad to quit making such a perfect product especially when no other sticks can hold a candle to them, in my humble opinion. I just happened to see this post today after giving an online search for info another try. Has anyone heard anything like recently from Carmen regarding the company starting back up? Does anyone know what’s happened why things closed? I don’t know any details. Any info is appreciated
Thanks!
CC

C Ce

Reaction score
Carmen, good to see you guys back laying it out there. I was an endorsee in the early 90's when I played with Faith Hill...you guys made great sticks. Good luck!

Cheers and blessings, Trey
Hey Trey,
Hope you’re doing great?! I hope you’re still playing? I was a Capella Endorsee back in the early 90’s too. I wonder if we may have ever had a chance to cross paths? Maybe at a clinic or NAMM show back then? Anyway, if not, then it’s sure nice to speak to you now. These have always been my very favorite sticks! (I used the XL Rock) I went through many brands and types to come to that choice too. It was a suggestion from a fellow drummer that initially made me decide to give Capella a try, I must admit I was skeptical at first, but my mind was very quickly transferred once I started to play with them, and honestly, my heart has never wavered since. But it’s kind of tough to find a replacement when they haven’t been manufactured for so many years. I have a few pairs left still that are “my babies”. No one else in the fam, is allowed to use them to play drums. I’d love to hear from you and more about what you’re up to these days.
Take care
C Ce

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m a diehard Capella stick Endorsee. I’ve been very heartbroken over hearing the company has been closed and have been trying to locate info on them. It’s sad to quit making such a perfect product especially when no other sticks can hold a candle to them, in my humble opinion. I just happened to see this post today after giving an online search for info another try. Has anyone heard anything like recently from Carmen regarding the company starting back up? Does anyone know what’s happened why things closed? I don’t know any details. Any info is appreciated
Thanks!
CC
Didn’t Cappella close to stick production decades ago?

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Masecar

Reaction score
Seems like a common thread with Cappella lately that any potential information leads to a dead end. That link in her post has no information on it.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last time Cjacapella wrote anything about their plans on restarting production was 4 months ago. I wonder what has happened since then?

Last edited:

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He did say they are trying to secure a wood supplier and distribution network and that takes time, I just hope this doesn't turn in a Fibes which was "we're coming back, we're coming back" and then never come back. I'm looking forward to them coming back so I'll be following this.

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Months ago Cappella said they were set up to take orders, has anyone received any product? Emails go unanswered, and no new information, so the hope of Cappella making a return is getting slim.

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through my last pairs of Cappellas decades ago. I went to Zildjian's Mangini model and have been with them ever since leaving Regal and Promark. Mangini went with some other stick company with another design, but I've stayed with Zildjian's laminated former Manginis. Those and the resin Aquarian from Guitar Center have been fine. I'll be looking at Cappellas again, of course.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I went through my last pairs of Cappellas decades ago. I went to Zildjian's Mangini model and have been with them ever since leaving Regal and Promark. Mangini went with some other stick company with another design, but I've stayed with Zildjian's laminated former Manginis. Those and the resin Aquarian from Guitar Center have been fine. I'll be looking at Cappellas again, of course.
Do they exist?

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cappella Drum Stick Company. Are they still making sticks?
Not to my knowledge outside of what's being discussed on this forum. They were great sticks. I WILL say, if indeed they DO return to produce the same hi-grade sticks, I WILL be in line to get some. They were THAT good in my hands. If they DO come back and DO custom orders I'm gonna ask for 18 to 19-inch in length sticks. Even if I have to order a hundred pairs. To me they are worth it. I like them long. Hate short sticks. My dad used to turn out 19-sticks for me when he was alive. They were perfect after Cappella went out of business. He was a master woodworker when he wasn't laying bricks. He used to laminate rock maple and hickory under high pressure much like the old Zildjian Mangini model. Medium profile but mighty heavy. I used to play, and can still play light lounge jazz with the heaviest and biggest of sticks. I suck at drumming but I will brag I've got great dynamic control, LOL!

Last edited:

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge outside of what's being discussed on this forum. They were great sticks. I WILL say, if indeed they DO return to produce the same hi-grade sticks, I WILL be in line to get some. They were THAT good in my hands. If they DO come back and DO custom orders I'm gonna ask for 18 to 19-inch in length sticks. Even if I have to order a hundred pairs. To me they are worth it. I like them long. Hate short sticks. My dad used to turn out 19-sticks for me when he was alive. They were perfect after Cappella went out of business. He was a master woodworker when he wasn't laying bricks. He used to laminate rock maple and hickory under high pressure much like the old Zildjian Mangini model. Medium profile but mighty heavy. I used to play, and can still play light lounge jazz with the heaviest and biggest of sticks. I suck at drumming but I will brag I've got great dynamic control, LOL!
I’ve played 17” and 16.5” , but never longer. I like the extra length for reach as well as rebound. It’s a tough call to say you must work your hand harder with a longer stick, it seems to move a bit easier even though there is extra weight to move. I played Cappela only rarely back in the 70’s, they were a tough stick to find in my neck of the woods. I know they made Gretsch sticks too for a long time. Those too, very tough to find. I still have my blue practice pad from them but their name is pretty much worn off. It’s like 35 years old.

karlcrafton

Reaction score
If anyone has a favorite stick no longer made, LeRoy Aaron Rhodes can duplicate it.
He can make ANYTHING, and he'll keep your patterns on file.
His quality and integrity are second to none, and his pricing is extremely fair.
He has a couple different finish options also.

You can get in touch with him on Facebook.