Carter Does It Again!!!!

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's the sound of the clap stack itself. It looks like it's the 13" and 15" from the base stack with the larger 17" addition from the expansion pack.

The band is "The Japanese House". Original drummer is Freddy Sheed, off the EP "Swim Against the Tide"
Thanks. Who makes the Clap Stack?

bpaluzzi

Reaction score
Thanks. Who makes the Clap Stack?
Istanbul Agop -- they have a base 11"/13"/15", and an expansion with 9" and 17" plates

jaymandude

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Istanbul Agop -- they have a base 11"/13"/15", and an expansion with 9" and 17" plates
KaChing. Get out your credit card. I want one but I'm resisting. There's a lot more I could do with that cash. But I do like it a lot.

bpaluzzi

Reaction score
KaChing. Get out your credit card. I want one but I'm resisting. There's a lot more I could do with that cash. But I do like it a lot.
I managed to snag one for a good price. I love it for recording, but it really needs to have a dedicated mic on it if you want to use it live. I've switched to using a Roland SPD-One Electro with a single dedicated speaker for live use (since I'm usually running minimal mics on my drums live).

jaymandude

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I managed to snag one for a good price. I love it for recording, but it really needs to have a dedicated mic on it if you want to use it live. I've switched to using a Roland SPD-One Electro with a single dedicated speaker for live use (since I'm usually running minimal mics on my drums live).
good to know. That's why I'd buy it, for live use. But now that you said that ? Maybe not. Thanks

bpaluzzi

Reaction score
good to know. That's why I'd buy it, for live use. But now that you said that ? Maybe not. Thanks
If you're using a hi-hat mic (and have the clap close enough to be picked up), it would probably also be fine, but it tends to get lost with standard overheads.