Cascio Interstate Music could cease operation in April, 2020

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Not good at all. They have been a go-to source for me since I discovered them several years ago. Good people and I hope they can make something work.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A shame. Another one maybe biting the dust. And we are all guilty as consumers.

Ps.

Everyone suddenly using their gift-card won't help them to survive, on the contrary as they will make less on the sale itself.

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
I ordered through them on eBay last week 5 days later they said they couldn't find the item they sold me so they cancelled.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Something seems fishy for a place that everyone on here is saying they do business with needing to close for financial reasons. Either they are giving stuff away or someone is making terrible business decisions.

sammy123

Reaction score
Something seems fishy for a place that everyone on here is saying they do business with needing to close for financial reasons. Either they are giving stuff away or someone is making terrible business decisions.
Well we are a small number of people. Also, one bad investment (such as a website) can sink a company. eCommerce websites can be pricey. And a bad one can probably cost even more in the end.

REF

Reaction score
My thoughts, as well. It would be one thing if all these comments contained a large percentage of bad reviews or complaints but, if everybody uses the place, and you add in people that would probably state the same thing on other forums and the drumming world in general, plus all the other musicians using the place, how is the business not making it? I purchase from them, on ebay or off their site. Never had a problem. Someone is running the place into the ground somehow.

1946. Man, that's a long time to be in business. Original owners would be gone but, generally financial principles are in place to keep debt at workable levels. Too bad it wasn't possible for shareholders to be the employees and purchase the business on some kind of doable terms. I guess you would need a lot more than 71 people to pull that off.

Just a shame. I hope someone/something buys it and keeps it going.

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As sammy123 said, maybe they are trying to do too much and overstepped with one bad decision? It just seems strange that everyone here knows the place and seems to have done business with them and yet they are fumbling. Is it just the single location? I mean I can understand a place like GC that maybe has too many locations but if this is a single location doing, what appears to be, good solid sales something doesn't add up. Anyway, it IS a bummer as I hate seeing options shrink. Hopefully they will sort it out.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think it is pretty rare in my memory that a company announces that it is headed for bankruptcy. That is something they usually try to keep quiet until the filing otherwise creditors begin to harangue them and supply chains dry up or demand COD and such.

It is a shame but also writing on the wall.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I've said it before, we need to ban the Internet.

We used to have towns with cool record stores, book shops and musical instrument stores. Now, they've all been turned into coffee shops and tofu stands. So boring.

Hope it all works out for the employees. Maybe a snappier name might help ... How 'bout MusicStyles? Get a an instrument for your step-child down at Waukeesha's MusicStyles.

Last edited:

Johnny D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What a shame. I hope they can hang in there. I have great memories of visiting Cascio on various clinic tours going back to the early 90s. A great store, run by professional and dedicated people. The only thing worse for the music industry than it closing, would be GC taking it over. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

sammy123

Reaction score
I've walked in there when they had guitar clinics on the stage. It was very cool.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Well no one's mentioned - buy two pairs of sticks from them- 10 years ago- and get lifetime yearly Cascio catalogs in the snail mail from them --for life..
Like kind of an old fashioned Sears & Roebuck Monkey Wards operation,
Sweetwater breath.

frankly I couldn't tell Cascio, Musicians Friend and Guitar Center from one or the other...If you gave me 10$

Will miss the Free catalog tho.
wonder what that cost them a year.

Last edited:

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I never bought anything from them, I just remember everyone saying that the customer service for online orders was lacking and that shipping took forever, so I used other vendors.

dsop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I never bought anything from them, I just remember everyone saying that the customer service for online orders was lacking and that shipping took forever, so I used other vendors.
Not in my experience. They were (are?) first class.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I never had anything but good CS and fast shipping (for in-stock items) from them. Their website does suck, and part of that is they list a million items that are not in stock, and the stock status they display is not necessarily up to date. Items that are not in stock can take a long time.