Chaka Khan & Jonah Nilsson drum covers

kaide

Reaction score
Hi!

I recently recorded two new drum covers, first is Chaka Khan - Steve Ferrone cover and the second is Jonas Nilsson's (Dirty Loops) first solo single.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
First ... wow.
That is some seriously tight playing.
Excellent groove and punctuations ... and superb understanding of textural use of the kit.

Second ... very nice sounding cymbals ... also like the tom sounds.
Curious what drums those are.

I've been sitting behind the kit for over fifty years. It's nice to be inspired like this by a fellow drummer. You hit me square.
Great job.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice work Kai... I really liked that tasty little triplet ending you threw in on the Chaka cover!

kaide

Reaction score
Mcjnic said:
First ... wow.
That is some seriously tight playing.
Excellent groove and punctuations ... and superb understanding of textural use of the kit.

Second ... very nice sounding cymbals ... also like the tom sounds.
Curious what drums those are.

I've been sitting behind the kit for over fifty years. It's nice to be inspired like this by a fellow drummer. You hit me square.
Great job.
First...Thanks Very Much!

These cymbals are all Zildjian K Sweet Series and Hihat is 15", left crash 18" and right crash 19". 18" particular is really GOOD!
And the drums are exactly same on both videos except snare drum. Those are Brady Spotted Gum drums, 12,14,22 and Chaka Khan cover has Gretsch Steve Ferrone signature aluminum 14x6,5 snare and the second is vintage Ludwig Acrolite tuned really low with some damping.
All the microphones are same but just mixed drums little different.

Very nice to hear that you got inspiration from these videos :) Please check out my other stuff from YouTube. Thanks!

kaide

Reaction score
Hop said:
Nice work Kai... I really liked that tasty little triplet ending you threw in on the Chaka cover!
Thanks Hop! Yeah that's straight from Ferrone's original version, i played this note for note as recorded so i can't take any credit for playing anything new :) But yeah great playing and Anthony Jackson on bass!

Latest posts