Champaign Beat Beat Pics

bhall

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
bhall, Was your kit that champagne double tom outfit? We were all checking it out at the Big Beat. Beautiful set. Proud owner too.
Bun - that's the one, and thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear the owner is happy with them, but at the same time, trying to remember why I sold them. :drunken:
I was delighted to hear from the buyer today and he confirmed the identity of the kit.

Hey Bill! How have you been? I was just poking around in my email and thought I would drop you a line. I did end up participating in The Big Beat and had a great time! Bun E Carlos LOVED my Slingerland kit! I have a picture of him sitting behind them. He played them a little too.

He also sent along this incriminating picture of the ultimate Ludwig guy beaming behind a set of Slingys!!

Jazzdrummin

Reaction score
Hey Bill, I found the thread! Time for me to come forward. lol! Yes, that is the kit I bought from Mr. Hall and yes, I absolutely love them! The Big Beat was indeed a great time. I really enjoyed talking vintage gear with none other than Bun E Carlos! Thanks for all your input and posing behind my '65 Champagne Sparkles! Thanks also to everyone for your kind words. I am about to buy some nice Humes & Berg cases to keep them preserved like they deserve. As soon as I get a house with a basement, they will be put up on a pedestal and played at least once a week! Haha!

Jazzdrummin

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Kat. It was great to meet you in person. (That's me behind my blue Leedys.)
Hi Mike! It was nice meeting you at the Big Beat! How have you been? I am shopping for cymbals for my '65 Slingy's. Have you seen any good deals on some Zildjians? lol! Those pies in the pic were borrowed.

Take care!

Chris