Change My Mind - Paying $2K for Lessons Beats a New Drum Kit

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you invest 2k on lessons you’re not just buying time with a teacher, his or her knowledge and experience, nor actual musical materials but rather you are making a comittment to your own progress. To get the value out of your money you have to practice and that is the number one key to progress and improvement. So I’m not going to change your mind!

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I've always been happy with my 75 Ludwig Vistalites with Sound Projector Scoops and concert toms. I also play some backline kits.

Let's consider a hypothetical drummer contemplating "upgrading" his or her sound by spending $2,000 or more on a new or used kit.

To me a person in that position (with a decent kit) is better off sticking with the equipment he or she has and investing $2000 in drum lessons (the rate around here is $40 an hour, so 50 lessons) with a professional instructor (even via Zoom).

Anybody want to change my mind by claiming gear does matter?
You have become enlightened grasshopper.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I love the idea of going back to an instructor you don't vibe with 50 times. I think I saw a movie on this subject. Believe it was called "Whiplash."
Whiplash is great but that band leader was a tool. One of my favorite lines in a movie- you can give a retard a calculator and he’s going to try to turn on the f’ing TV with it.

Latest posts