changing profile photo in Settings?

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I recently tried to change my profile photo in my settings but was not able to do that. I chose the Custom choice and browsed my pc for a photo - selected it and selected Done. Still no photo. Is there something I'm missing?

gary

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Gary

Sounds like you did it right. Once you chose your file, it should have shown up in the box that you were working on. Did it not? Make sure the pic isn't huge. If it is, go to paint and reduce it and try again.

Mike

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I did reduce the photo to under 200 pxls and it still did not show up in the little box to the left. I can go into the file via the Browser and click on the photo and it bounces back to the settings - like it should - but nothing uploads. Strange - I had no trouble doing this in the past. It must be something in windows 8.1 I bought a new laptop last January and I often have trouble uploading photos for emails - maybe this is just one more glitch on my pc. I won't worry about it - the Gray dude works fine

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I just changed my pic a couple of days ago. I too have a new system with Windows 8.1 . Worked for me just like the old system. If you'd like, email the pic to mikelayton@bellsouth.net and i will add it for you.

Mike

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks Mike - It's okay - I'm fine with this. I did just now go to the forum and I can upload photos there - I just uploaded some drum photos and when they showed up I cancelled the New Topic. It works there fine but not here for some reason. It's not Windows 8.1 I think - it must be some Glitch on my laptop. I have not got the patience or the will to track that down. I'm going to play my drums now - thanks for your input.

gary

kona1984

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For some reason it worked - but not with every photo.....even when I resized some photos (smaller) they wouldn't work.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Gary

On the ones that didn't work, check to see if the file name has any punctuation in it. If so, rename it and then try it.

Mike

Latest posts