Charlie Watts added cymbals

Mackermanesq

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Charlie has added some cymbals to his touring rig--anyone know what they are? Charlie now using five cymbals and a hi hat

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
OH NO!!!!!!! Half our members will loose their mind now that the minimalist standard beared now has 5...count em, FIVE cymbals....PLUS hats! Oh the humanity! All I can say is thank goodness he did not add an extra tom... it would have been a complete meltdown around here!

LOL! Having fun folks. No idea what the new additions are but will be fun to see what he has added,

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What happened to that one closet to the camera? Seems like its been run over or something

Kcmcc

Reaction score
added a china and something along the lines of an Agop Trash Hit. Two Chinas, and a Trash-Hit with an 18" flat as the main ride. He likes short sounds! I don't think anybody without a Stones level/quality sound reinforcement system could make that setup work in a loud-ass rock band, in even a theater, let alone a stadium!

Last edited:

dje31

Reaction score
And it's not just additional cymbals...but in addition to the standard China at his 11:00 that's been there forever...ANOTHER China at his 3:00. Baffling! Who on God's green earth needs TWO CHINAS?!

Kcmcc

Reaction score
So I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum here, but those are three ply era drums with die-cast hoops added?

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
How that left China sits level when it's clear the tilter is tilted.
Go ahead. Think about it.

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Charlie has used that many cymbals for several years now. Waiting for John DeChristopher to chime in.

This picture is a least 2 years old, maybe older.
charliewattsmastersplace.jpg

This picture is at least 4 years old, maybe older.
Charlie from the top.jpg

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Charlie is a bad ass. And while I'm no fan of DW snares (let alone drums) I remember that snare from the Shine A Light movie and holy balls does it sound great.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thinking of some of the Stones' hits, I'm wondering what he uses the chinas for?

Latest posts