header.nohb.html

Check out the cymbal sounds on this new album

TPC

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice!

I’m a sucker for sax trios, and yours sounds like a good one. The recording sounded very clean.

Pibroch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice!

I’m a sucker for sax trios, and yours sounds like a good one. The recording sounded very clean.
Not mine - I wish! - but wanted to see what others thought.

I love the drummer's style and especially his cymbal work - no idea what models he's playing but to me they sound beautiful in that recording.

Reactions: TPC

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm sorry - I clicked on it - clicked on the play button/icon -- and started listening to the 12 minute file. After 1:12 I had to skip ahead to the 5:00 mark (approx.) - to see if there was any coherent playing together, and it just frustrated me as it sounded way too free-style, as if these were 3 unrelated recordings of 3 different instruments slapped together - with no evidence they were even playing the same song.

Ok -- the cymbals, yes they sound really great - rich, clear....but listening to that drove me into such frustration - I almost wanted to just kill myself. Don't take me literally, just know that I HAD TO stop listening. That was considered music?