check out this snare drum...

poot

Penncrest Endorser
Reaction score
Wow. That's beautiful. The Blue Cheese Drum. I want one someday! Love the Zephyr lugs, too.

Powertone

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What a nice drum! Beautiful condition and great photos but a tad pricey. With those heads and the wire set up, that is an orchestral drummer's wet dream!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
i just looked through the l&l catalog and the early wfl catalog and cant find it in there. might need to check again. the dual snares is a new one to me,at least on the same head.

mike

Bijan

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's worth maybe 30% percent of what it's up for, but it is nice.

1967flyer

Reaction score
That may be the "Deluxe marble" wrap from the 1941 catalog. The twin throw-offs were also from the 1937 - 1941 era catalogs.

curotto

DFO Master
Reaction score
I agree re: the BIN price being too high....I'm told that the finish is applied like an "oil and water" type situation...

Mike Curotto

blkcortex79

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The finish looks like marble. The double throw is cool, one for the gut strands and one for the wire snares..............But the BIN of almost $2k is gonna scare people off and maybe not bid at all.

onemat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I''d give a few hundred for it and turn it. I'd rather spend that kind of money on something Mod Orange or Psych Red. I guess I'll never collect or play the early stuff.
Matt

Rogersoholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have this same drum in duco {the whole set}. I like this finish tho.. I was told, the badge during the late 30's, had W.M. Ludwig "President" which created some kind of lawsuit and was forced to remove? and was only made for approx 2 years. This was just after the alum lyre badge. Several years ago, I met with Mr Ludwig III at a local drum show, and we looked through some cats and a newly released book and could not find the set which this snare was part of. I was always curious as to its value. These drum sets/drums dont seem to get alot of money. I bought the set for the increadible cymbals, which are prolly worth more than the set.

Latest posts