Checking in with my BOP

JayT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
It's been a few weeks since I posted here. I've been on the road for a few weeks and as it goes, quite busy!

But luckily I was able to get backline ordered, and they came through with exactly what I asked for! A vintage Ludwig kit. But to my surprise it was a 65 Black Oyster in 13/16/22. I brought my Acro along for the ride, and everything sounds so good!

Here's some pics of the kit.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Very Cool, That must have been a nice surprise when they showed up.
Surprising that anyone would rent out an Oyster Black set for backline use given what they tend to be worth. They should get the same amount of rent regardless of the color wrap so it would make sense to flip that set then buy some Ludwigs in a different more common wrap (or even Bowling Ball OBP) and pocket the difference.

Of course maybe they get a lot of call for that specific wrap from Beatle tributes...making it worthwhile to keep it in their inventory.

BTW JayT, I got another set of Standards last week.....mmmmmmmm Lemon Strata attic dwellers :icon_smile: .

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
jayt-ive never seen a backline kit with those merits,wow! you must be living right.

kevin-first pics that ive seen of the new babies all lined up,very nice sir..
mike

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Whoa! The backline co. came through for you indeed! That is a beautiful set of Luddies!
That's a nice looking ride---Vault series?

JayT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow. Just finished the 5th gig with the kit, and tonite was in a small arena, and it was great! The kit holds up well for the type of music I'm playing. (disco/electronic/dance). It's really great. Apparently, the company the promoter rented from has about 15 Ludwig kits, and this was the one they gave up? So I'm going to pop by the backline company and see what else they've got! I'm crossing my fingers for Psychedelic Red!

K.O. I caught that thread briefly, that's a GREAT looking kit! Even for the price you got it at. I'm sure it could have been cheaper if not for the other bidders, but you seem to have gotten a great kit at a great price. Seeing that Standards are getting more and more popular and pricey, I'd say you did well!

jeannie

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
oh my those are purty. :love6:

I don't know why I didn't order something like that when I had my chance.

StrataLover

Reaction score
Wow - popped in to see the BOP kit and get an eye full of Standard Strata - three nice looking kits in one thread!

Thanks guys!

Anthony - get on that kit!!!! Clean clean clean!

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
i am in the standard club too! i haven't really got them going yet.
Nice looking gold stratas! I've got a set that color too. I really like the gold but always really wished they had been Lemon...Now I have both of my two favorite strata colors :icon_smile: .

Stonestreet

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
JayT, nice little rental kit there. What's the name of the rental house? Are they in Toronto as well?

Marc

Den

DFO Master
Reaction score
K.O., how can I NOT highjack this thread to drool over your standards? WHAT an awesome color! It's amazing looking in that outdoor light. Congrats on your purchase.

You're welcomed. :notworthy: :rolleyes:

JayT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
JayT, nice little rental kit there. What's the name of the rental house? Are they in Toronto as well?

Marc
Hey Marc,
It was out in the Maritimes. Apparently this guy has "way cooler kits" in his personal collection. He rents to pretty much all the acts that come out to the east coast.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
K.O., how can I NOT highjack this thread to drool over your standards? WHAT an awesome color! It's amazing looking in that outdoor light. Congrats on your purchase.

You're welcomed. :notworthy: :rolleyes:
Thanks!
JayT owns a nice set of Standards as well which is why I kind of sidetracked his thread with mention of my new set. All the Ludwig stratas are very cool but Lemon rocks.

JayT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Man o Man! Those are killer K.O. Just gorgeous. I almost forgot I need to be focusing on Standards! Too many wraps, too little time.

Stonestreet

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Marc
Hey Marc,
It was out in the Maritimes. Apparently this guy has "way cooler kits" in his personal collection. He rents to pretty much all the acts that come out to the east coast.

Geez, I guess I should try to tour the east coast. Hope the tour is going well, and good luck.

Latest posts