header.nohb.html

Cherie Willoughby

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I remember the Pre Pooder days when they were Amanda's Texas Underground. Those were the days. Remember "A Drummers Tradition" and someone else who advertised in MD that was in Seaford, New York on Long Island- got a lot of info of what was potentially out there from the old mailings these places did.
John Gill..I think was his name..in Seaford…Good guy….

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember the advertisements for that. Cherie definitely was “plugged in” to the scene back then. Probably still is to a certain degree being married to who she is. I had forgotten the name of her shop until rereading the thread: Repercussions.
John Gill..I think was his name..in Seaford…Good guy….
How about Rockin Rita…out of Santee,California?…Her first newsletter..she had a 22” Turkish K..for $350..I think it was!..I couldn’t get on the phone fast enough with her!…I was the lucky buyer!

owr

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I met Cherie at the NH drum show others have mentioned, bought one of her lambs wool beater from her that I still use. She was friendly and a drummer I highly respect both musically and personally was playing her drums at the time. Plus she sold maple syrup, she’s ok in my book. I had no idea about her marriage, interesting!

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I live in NH and she used to live about 20 minutes from me. I actually had a booth at that one off drum show as it was the year Ludwig had the 100th anniversary and I did a history display right next to Ludwig. Todd Trent actually sold my wife a beautiful B stock black beauty with a cut B/O badge that I will never get rid of. I always got along great with Cherie. If I had one complaint it was that she had a lot of early leads on vintage drums and the pickings dried up a little for me around here. That's just business though and she found a lot of great drums.

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I remember the Pre Pooder days when they were Amanda's Texas Underground. Those were the days. Remember "A Drummers Tradition" and someone else who advertised in MD that was in Seaford, New York on Long Island- got a lot of info of what was potentially out there from the old mailings these places did.
I didn't realize Pooder was originally Amanda's Texas Underground..

groovemastergreg

Reaction score
I had nothing but good deals from her. I was only buying parts, and difficult to find parts at that. I was buying from her pre-eBay and might have bought some stuff from her there. Occasionally she’d have some very nice kits.

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
I've never met her, but I think I spoke to her on the phone once or twice (don't remember about what), but we're friends on FaceBook. She and Kenwood seem to have a very nice life together. She's very down to Earth. She's good to animals and into all things organic.
Cherie took a lot of heat on this very Forum a decade or so ago. I suspect she wouldn't have gotten the same treatment if she were a man.

little rock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I tried to buy some Slingerland stuff from her once and she got a little "snippy" about it. I don't care for her. To each his own.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
Bought a lilly white WMP not an ounce of fade 9x13 50's 3 ply Gretsch tom/stick choppers from her still had the original calf ...to complete my kit, was a stunner. She definitely had the goods.