Chicago Drum Exchange!

Chicago.Drum.Exchange

Reaction score
Hey gang!

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce ourselves to the forum. We are the Chicago Drum Exchange and we have been specializing in vintage, boutique, and custom drums since 2011. We are passionate about drums and percussion because we are drummers and we absolutely love gear. Drums, drum finishes, cymbals, sticks, heads, and cool percussion instruments are what drive us.

We thought it was time for us to start getting active on the forums and start getting more involved in the drum community. We aren't here to try and sell gear, we are just four dudes at the shop who want to nerd out on cool topics and talk shop with everyone. Thanks for letting us hop on the forum and we are stoked to talk about what is driving our community forward!

bkny110

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, welcome! So many amazing drum minds on this forum! I'm not one of them, but I have benefited greatly from their knowledge.

Rob

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've bought 4 drum sets and several snares from CME over the years, as well as assorted odds and ends. I have nothing but good things to say about them. A class act with excellent customer service.

Welcome aboard.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have had many great dealings with the Chicago Drum Exchange and they are a bunch of very very cool people who go out of their way to really make you happy. They have great deals and great service. A+++

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome! Love your demos and Brian Blade/ Dave King videos. Keep it up!

cymtrich

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
i`ve done a lot of business with CDE and nothing but good reports! would definitely recommend doing biz with them. bill

Hater

Genuine GMS Junkie
Reaction score
Ill echo the sentiment of my fellow DFOers. Ive had a couple of great interactions with CME. In fact, my current gigging kit was the very first thing I bought there. Heres the story, because its too good not to share.

The very first time I looked on the CME website, I came across this beauty of a drum kit that I really wanted, drooled over it for a couple of days and decided that I wanted it. I wanted it so bad that I didnt want to wait for shipping, so in a moment of sheer insanity, I hopped in the truck and started driving. Mind you, I live in a suburb of Minneapolis, MN. I called CME as I approached the Wisconsin/Illinois border and paid for the kit over the phone. I drove downtown, picked up the kit, shopped a little bit while I was there, loaded up the truck and drove all the way home. All in one day.

Thats right, from Minneapolis to downtown Chicago and back, all in one long-ass day. (13.5 hours total time, including shopping time, gas and bathroom breaks.) I dont regret it one bit.

Anyway, back to CME. Rob and the rest of the gang are the best! I would gladly do the same thing again. (I've been back a couple of times, since my wife's family is from Wrigleyville, so I get to visit CME a few times a year.)

GMS KIT.jpg

Thank you CME!

Mark

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You are most certainly welcome here. This is a very good place to sell, and you will find buyers here to be very aware of vintage drums. Its a learning experience for all of us......So, what have you got in vintage Sonor gear at the moment?

Chicago.Drum.Exchange

Reaction score
We can't thank you enough for the positive feedback. At the end of the day, we are just musicians who are doing our best to help out other musicians. This feedback just pushes us even harder and its the reason we do what we do!

Right now we don't have any vintage Sonor kits in (which really bums us out). Rob is a Sonor nut and is always looking to scoop up a set for the shop. We do have 2 of the last Sonor Vintage Series in Onyx Satin which are super cool! If you know anyone in the Chicagoland area or beyond who are looking to unload some vintage Sonor snares or kits, please point them our way!

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome! In addition to the General and Vintage forum threads I'd love to see CME become a regular in the Retail Row section to give all of us a heads up on anything interesting you've got coming into your shop.

PressRoll

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome! You guys are great. I have had only positive transactions with CDE / CME / Reverb. Thanks for the many, many contributions you guys make to the drum community. Keep up the good work!

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bought a ride signed by Elvin Jones from you guys a few years back. Great purchase and you all were incredibly helpful over the phone.

Really excellent videos as well. I've probably watched those Fellowship performances a hundred times.

bbunks

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great shop and a great bunch of guys. I wish I was closer (mind you, I'm about 45 minutes away on a good day in Chicago traffic), so it's really a first world problem for me. Need to make a visit.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello CDE and welcome to the forum, really like your videos, they sound great.

Ben

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great dudes and a solid shop to deal with. Happy to have you here!

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well looky there! I was just there today!