Chicago Drum Show a GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a post on Facebook:

The folks at the Kane County Fairgrounds tell me that we are a go for the drum show in May. They have been in close contact with the local health department (providing them space for testing) and have again started holding events at the fairgrounds. (Some of them much larger than the drum show.) We of course urge all exhibitors and attendees to be careful, take all of the normal precautions, and get your vaccinations if possible.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won’t be attending this year . I doubt the Canadian/ US border will be open by then.

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Logistically it wont make sense. I appreciate needing to scratch the itch after time off, but you need loads of people to create the buzz, and how can you enjoy it with masks on, hall monitors, noise police, bad food, distancing, paranoia,etc??

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I'm certainly on the fence.... I miss it terribly and I should be vaccinated by then. It would suck to go though if half the people I go to see there decided not to go.

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
It took me over 3 weeks, trying 2/3 times a day, to get an appointment for Fri. here in Cleveland. What a pain.

I'll be dosed up and at the show...still with a mask.

Dave

Sonorholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
If I can get a vaccine by then I might be there. Hard to say right now but it's interesting news for sure.

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
I doubt I will be vaccinated by then. There’s no way I’m getting on a plane unvaccinated. :(

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think that Rob Cook is thinking with his wallet and not his head on this one. Illinois is as closed down as California and New York and it simply won't be possible to have the kind of experience we've had in the past. The show is all about the hang and with social distancing along with wearing a mask...how much is that going to suck? Last year, I lost my voice just from talking non-stop for 2 days...can you imagine wearing a mask along with the good possibility that a lot of us are, shall we say...a bit hard of hearing to begin with...it's just not possible, in my opinion. I look forward to this show every year, but this year...I am passing. Besides, just as we are knocking this pandemic to Valhalla, why would we want to potentially expose a whole lot of people in one event to the last vestiges of this pandemic? It just sounds like a bad idea.

John DeChristopher

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
2019 was my first time attending the show and I was hooked. I was planning to go last year and would love to go this year, but in my mind, May is just too soon for an event like this, even if I'm vaccinated by then. Two of my bandmates lost their dads to Covid and I'm worried about states relaxing the restrictions for large gatherings too soon. Right here in my own state of Massachusetts, in fact.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Count me in for next year for sure ....
On another note , I’m getting my 1st vaccine today . I’m so relieved considering the state I live in .

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard that this year’s drum show is a secret plot by guitarists to wipe out as many drummers as possible so that bad guitarists can replace them in bands. I read it on the internet, so it must be true.
:scratch: That's too sophisticated of a plan for a guitarist to come up with.
They would have had to have help from the singer who thinks they can just replace the drums with their (off beat) tambourine playing. :evil4:

Now the piano player I could believe. Especially since they have all those drum effects on their keyboards. :laughing5::laughing5::laughing5::laughing5:

Reactions: CSR
Status
Not open for further replies.