Chicago Drum Show a GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumjinxjr

Reaction score
I have a feeling this won't end up happening when the next (and hopefully last) surge comes. If it does end up happening, have fun. I'll see you next year.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get my second vaccination in 13 days...but who’s counting? All of these posts are making me less excited for the show than I usually am. I’ve been to two. It depends when my orchestra concert is scheduled...usually the same weekend, but last year was different. No matter/no show. I’ve got to think that maybe this year’s show later will be canceled or at least reduced as well. Can’t imagine many clinicians and artists will be eager to attend.

KingLudwig

Reaction score
All precautions should be taken everyone. I had it really bad right before the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm also lucky that I've been inoculated. It's going to be great to have it once again in "da old barn!"

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm passing this year, too soon for a large gathering like that. I'd love to go but it won't be like past years, maybe we can see some normalcy in 2022. Doesn't look like any performances this year either, so I'll pass.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The latest:
"We have been advised that we are not subject to mandatory occupancy limits. Masks will not be mandatory but are suggested, as is social distancing.

There are no clinics or master classes scheduled for this show.

THE BREAK ROOM
The conference room on the second floor will be a celebrity and guest meet & greet hang."

Les DeMerle & Kofi Baker so far.

I have my second vaccination, but with no master classes or clinics,...???

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that Rob Cook is thinking with his wallet and not his head on this one. Illinois is as closed down as California and New York and it simply won't be possible to have the kind of experience we've had in the past. The show is all about the hang and with social distancing along with wearing a mask...how much is that going to suck? Last year, I lost my voice just from talking non-stop for 2 days...can you imagine wearing a mask along with the good possibility that a lot of us are, shall we say...a bit hard of hearing to begin with...it's just not possible, in my opinion. I look forward to this show every year, but this year...I am passing. Besides, just as we are knocking this pandemic to Valhalla, why would we want to potentially expose a whole lot of people in one event to the last vestiges of this pandemic? It just sounds like a bad idea.
This sums up my thoughts exactly. It's tough communicating with all the racket to begin with, add in a mask on both people...forget it. The reason you go is to talk and socialize, not this year.

bbunks

DFO Master
Reaction score
2019 was my first time attending the show and I was hooked. I was planning to go last year and would love to go this year, but in my mind, May is just too soon for an event like this, even if I'm vaccinated by then. Two of my bandmates lost their dads to Covid and I'm worried about states relaxing the restrictions for large gatherings too soon. Right here in my own state of Massachusetts, in fact.
Happy you were hooked. See you in ‘22

pedro navahas

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The latest:
"We have been advised that we are not subject to mandatory occupancy limits. Masks will not be mandatory but are suggested, as is social distancing.

There are no clinics or master classes scheduled for this show.

THE BREAK ROOM
The conference room on the second floor will be a celebrity and guest meet & greet hang."

Les DeMerle & Kofi Baker so far.

I have my second vaccination, but with no master classes or clinics,...???
Masks not mandatory?
No restrictions on occupancy?
I find that hard to believe!
Just what we need, another super-spreader event.

Status
Not open for further replies.