Chicago Drum Show. May 21st and 22nd

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes it is getting close to the drum show ! Hope many can go. May 21st and May 22nd.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Man I can any to go but still not in the cards this year. I’ve done Delaware and PA shows but never made it to Chicago yet. I am trying to figure out how to make it happen next year.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Me too, maybe next yr, any way we will have booth #88 do Think Troy and Kat will be there.
Some Nice exhibitors and visitors including B3/WFL111 drums and Les Demerle should be good.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Man I can any to go but still not in the cards this year. I’ve done Delaware and PA shows but never made it to Chicago yet. I am trying to figure out how to make it happen next year.
It's only 11 hours roughly for you.

Road trip!

69OysterBlue

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to be there and will bring a few vintage kits to try and sell in the consignment booth. Last Chicago Show I attended was in 2017 - looking forward to the return trip!

coastie

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’d like to go to sell a couple sets. Is there a small sellers consignment area? I wouldn’t need too much space.

69OysterBlue

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d like to go to sell a couple sets. Is there a small sellers consignment area? I wouldn’t need too much space.
It looks like Rob Cook is managing the consignment area. The agreement (available on the show web site) indicates they will impose a 20% fee for any items sold, with a maximum of $200.

I know in years past they charged 20% for the first kit, 15% for the second and 10% for the third - kind of hoping they might consider that again. My plan is to bring three kits, just haven't decided which ones yet.

John DeChristopher

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was planning to go, but my band is booked Saturday, May 21 and my granddaughter's dance recital is Sunday, May 22.

I've only been once (2019) and really want to get back there. Hopefully next year. Have a great time everyone!

Old crone

Reaction score
You may want to really reconsider that idea. That city is not safe by any means.No drum show is worth risking your life for.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may want to really reconsider that idea. That city is not safe by any means.No drum show is worth risking your life for.
HUH??

First of all, the show isn't in downtown Chicago. Second, I've spend lots of time in Downtown Chicago over the last 4 decades, and never had an issue.

MMG

Reaction score
I'm planning to be there and will bring a few vintage kits to try and sell in the consignment booth. Last Chicago Show I attended was in 2017 - looking forward to the return trip!

Me and Randy'll be there with tons of bargains.
Finally after all these years, I'm going to make it. Coming from Calif. I'm looking for a Zildjian flat top ride, maybe I'll get lucky.