Christmas snare drum gift/giveaway from Summit Drums!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, here is a very cool new giveaway for Christmas 2021. @Summit Drums is giving away a brand new solid shell snare drum to one lucky winner!

The drum is a very cool Spanish Cedar shell in 6.5x13 size with curly maple reinforcement rings (check out the photos!), and will be built with chrome hardware: 8 beavertail lugs, triple flanged hoops, and deluxe throwoff. It will come with Aquarian heads and German steel wires.

What’s different about this giveaway is that it is meant to be in the spirit of Christmas and of giving. So, we are looking for someone who would really benefit from the gift of a snare drum.
- A student whose family can’t afford a nice snare drum,
- a drummer who had their gear stolen this year,
- a player who lost his/her job and was forced to liquidate,
- someone who has lost family this year and is facing Christmas without them,
- or a person in need in some other way.

If you know someone like that, please nominate them for the giveaway. If you are that person, you may also enter yourself. Gary and I will be reviewing the responses and choosing a deserving winner.

To enter, simply send me an email before December 24 with a short summary explaining why the person you are nominating should receive this drum as a gift. You may nominate multiple people, and the person you enter does not have to be a member of Drumforum. I will need an email and phone number for each nomination so we can contact the winner.

Email for entries: lossforgain at gmail.com

Many thanks to Gary at Summit Drums and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4F606CD7-3D03-4243-B163-C17916C02DC3.jpeg
8A46DAC7-3131-46C5-86A0-FAC17ED2E592.jpeg

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outstanding.
So incredibly perfect.

robthedrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, here is a very cool new giveaway for Christmas 2021. @Summit Drums is giving away a brand new solid shell snare drum to one lucky winner!

The drum is a very cool Spanish Cedar shell in 6.5x13 size with curly maple reinforcement rings (check out the photos!), and will be built with chrome hardware: 8 beavertail lugs, triple flanged hoops, and deluxe throwoff. It will come with Aquarian heads and German steel wires.

What’s different about this giveaway is that it is meant to be in the spirit of Christmas and of giving. So, we are looking for someone who would really benefit from the gift of a snare drum.
- A student whose family can’t afford a nice snare drum,
- a drummer who had their gear stolen this year,
- a player who lost his/her job and was forced to liquidate,
- someone who has lost family this year and is facing Christmas without them,
- or a person in need in some other way.

If you know someone like that, please nominate them for the giveaway. If you are that person, you may also enter yourself. Gary and I will be reviewing the responses and choosing a deserving winner.

To enter, simply send me an email before December 24 with a short summary explaining why the person you are nominating should receive this drum as a gift. You may nominate multiple people, and the person you enter does not have to be a member of Drumforum. I will need an email and phone number for each nomination so we can contact the winner.

Email for entries: lossforgain at gmail.com

Many thanks to Gary at Summit Drums and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

View attachment 531763 View attachment 531764
Very nice of Gary to do this and nice of you to help. Someone's Christmas will surely be brightened!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Now who do you know that could really use this? Just send me an email.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that submissions for this giveaway are closing in just a few days. If you or another you know have had it tough this year, please send me a message.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
MERRY MONDAY AFTER CHRISTMAS!

Gary @Summit Drums and I are proud to announce that the winner of the solid Cedar snare drum is @Skyrm! We are happy to be able to give this drum to a great guy. Enjoy it, Steve!

Thanks to the generosity of another forum member who wanted to get in on the Christmas spirit of giving, we are also glad to announce a second place winner, @cashmanbashman, who will receive a donated cymbal. Have fun with it!

Congratulations to both winners and thanks to DFO for allowing this Christmas giveaway.

Last edited:

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said in my e-mail to Jeremy:

"Holy Poop! You aren’t kidding, are you?

Guys, thanks so much. This has been a truly bad year in many ways, but I am very grateful that my wife and I made it through to the end! Thanks again, I really appreciate the gesture.

I am sure I will love this drum."

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Met Gary this morning and got this drum - my first Single-ply - my new Summit Spanish Cedar 6.5x13. It looks great!!! Can’t wait to get her on the stand at church. Thanks again to Gary and Jeremy. Hopefully this is a start of a much better year.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm really happy for you, Steve! Congratulations again. I can't wait to hear about your experiences playing this beautiful drum.

I hope this is a great start to a year that gets better and better not only for you, but to all of our DFO friends.

And thunderous applause for Jeremy for putting this together. This was an amazing example of generosity and kindness.

Summit

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Met Gary this morning and got this drum - my first Single-ply - my new Summit Spanish Cedar 6.5x13. It looks great!!! Can’t wait to get her on the stand at church. Thanks again to Gary and Jeremy. Hopefully this is a start of a much better year.
It was great meeting you and delivering this drum to you! Jeremy and I hope you really enjoy it!!

Wish the weather had been a little better but was still a nice time.