Cissy Strut played a new way by original songwriter

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I found this to be interesting. Not a great recording of a live performance but very interesting. Leo Nocentelli, once of the songwriters and guitarist from the Meters. Drummer is killin' it. Almost too much...

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
One of the great things about Zigaboo's original part is the amazing discipline he employs. I find that most drummers can't restrain themselves when playing this song. I do respect the "alternative" version though.

charlesm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Total respect for all the technique on display. Not easy to develop that ability, and it has its place.

For me, that place is not on "Cissy".

And, for me, it seems like SO many drummers are doing this whole mathematical displacement thing with fills now that it is losing any sense of wonder or originality.

This has some funky moments. Greasy, though? Nope. And not that the original part HAS to be duplicated, but I'll take a whole lot less notes and a whole lot more grease on this tune.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Never really understood the attraction to this song , sorry , I find it quite boring and mundane. This drummer obviously did too.

Old Dog

Reaction score
Never really understood the attraction to this song , sorry , I find it quite boring and mundane. This drummer obviously did too.
The Meters are different. Not a "sing-along" type band at all. Groove, funk, just sitting in the pocket. Get their g.hits and give it a listen. I mean, if you're into metal and prog rock, The Meters aren't an attraction.

Latest posts