Classic songs that you are still discovering new nuances...

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Been watching Rick Rubin interview and discuss Paul McCartney's music. Interesting how I am hearing little things I never heard before.
Anyway...what about you guys? Is there music that you've listened to a thousand times but still hear new things?

piccupstix

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Deconstructed Beatles always fascinate me. The Rick Rubin interview is NO exception. Even crazy tambourine parts are freaking me out! I'm craving more. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, there are thousands of recordings by all kinds of artists whose tracks I'd love to hear fully exposed. The Beatles/George Martin work is part of folklore and seemingly more accessible. No complaints, though!

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought that was a great program.
I think they pointed out that some of the tracks they listened to didn't make it to the final mix.

mfryed2112

DFO Star
Reaction score
Yes songs all the time, not so much the drums but little bass, guitar or keyboard parts! And, classic Van Halen, nothing from the instruments but Dave’s vocals, all of his screaming and hootin and hollaring, as silly as it sounds sometimes, it’s exactly what the music called for. Lastly, Alex lifeson. Today I was listening to - in the end off of fly by night, it’s brilliant!

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'll go with the Beatles and deep tracks from bands like Kansas or Aerosmith for example, there are others. I find myself gravitating to the deep tracks channel on Sirius anymore for this reason.

Stuff I sort of recognize but growing up in the late 70's / early 80's I was focusing on what I was focusing on because I was a kit and had a limited attention span.

It was easy to write stuff as "mundane" at the time but revisiting much of that stuff now I'm realizing I broad-brushed a lot of things.

blikum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I play in a Beatles tribute band, and I think I know Ringo's stuff pretty well. But then sometimes I'll listen back to a song that I haven't heard in a while and realize I'm not playing it correctly. I recently discovered that I had been playing Tell Me Why incorrectly. Man that song really swings!