cleaning Satin Flame finishes

Almighty

Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to my first post. I've been lurking for a while, but can't find any discussion on cleaning tips for Satin Flame finishes.
I recently picked up a 70's Slingerland kit in original Red Satin Flame. Pretty decent shape with the usual rash and odd scratches.
Just wondering if anyone has experience with cleaning this sorta matte finish.
I know it scratches easily, so I want to be careful not to use the wrong materials.

Thoughts?

12/16/22 (Looking to trade the 12 rack for a 13, BTW)

Pictures to come.

Hater

Genuine GMS Junkie
Reaction score
Scrubbing Bubbles foaming bathroom cleaner. Works like a charm. The foam gets into all those tiny little nooks and crannys that make up the satin flame wrap and it cleans them up.

Be sure to take off ALL The hardware from the drum first. I have no idea what Scrubbing Bubbles will do to your chrome hardware. (Probably nothing, but then again..ya never know!)

Also, don’t use a paper towel to wipe off the cleaner. Use a good, clean rag, something that won’t leave behind any little bit of threading or whatever.

tmc333

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hater said:
Scrubbing Bubbles foaming bathroom cleaner. Works like a charm. The foam gets into all those tiny little nooks and crannys that make up the satin flame wrap and it cleans them up.

Be sure to take off ALL The hardware from the drum first. I have no idea what Scrubbing Bubbles will do to your chrome hardware. (Probably nothing, but then again..ya never know!)

Also, don’t use a paper towel to wipe off the cleaner. Use a good, clean rag, something that won’t leave behind any little bit of threading or whatever.
I`ll try that