Lamontsdad

DFO Star
Reaction score
14” rack tom:
5BFA8F22-26AB-4F7D-9507-3AD6023AA6B9.jpeg

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Rogers 70s kits with maple/birch shells are magic!
Love em even if I no longer own one.
Rogers envy,!

Lamontsdad

DFO Star
Reaction score
I expected pictures of your buddy chained up in the basement so they could not drink or drug. Imagine my surprise when I read the post and it’s a drum!

LOL

This is an intervention that needed to happen! These haven’t been played in 27 years! I have two beautiful DW kits, a great sounding Premier concert tom kit, and a very usable PDP kit, but these sounded great even before I could tune a drum! I can’t wait to play these!

Lamontsdad

DFO Star
Reaction score
Thoughts whilst cleaning this up: I think they definitely quit using the super tall hoops that Rogers was famous for by the time they got it going in Fullerton. There are a few rims that are in pretty poor shape.

I am also missing a couple of floor tom legs. I may just make this into a player’s kit and forget original parts.

More to come…

Lamontsdad

DFO Star
Reaction score
Found the missing floor tom leg! I will install some resonant floor tom feet. Of course the 18” floor having FOUR legs, I will have to buy THREE sets of the resonant floor tom feet. I discovered the resonant floor tom feet years back, and they DO work as advertised!

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL

This is an intervention that needed to happen! These haven’t been played in 27 years! I have two beautiful DW kits, a great sounding Premier concert tom kit, and a very usable PDP kit, but these sounded great even before I could tune a drum! I can’t wait to play these!
Pics needed of the Premier concert tom kit. ;-)

Lamontsdad

DFO Star
Reaction score
Put the 18” floor tom together. The heads started settling in on the 14 and 16 and WOW! This is DEFINITELY worth the effort cleaning these up, even with the bass drum not finished! Why did I wait so long?!?

DBT

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Put the 18” floor tom together. The heads started settling in on the 14 and 16 and WOW! This is DEFINITELY worth the effort cleaning these up, even with the bass drum not finished! Why did I wait so long?!?
Divine intervention …..