Click Revisited

Bugford

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've been playing live with a click for a few weeks now, and I'm kinda likin' it. I'm using the Yamaha Clickstation and it works well. I program the tempo of each song in the set and can move seamlessly from one tune to the next. The band is having to get used to me not adjusting to them, but I think it makes everyone more focused.

I've heard some drummers say that they use a sequencer. If that's you, which one do you use? And are they programmable? I do tire a little of the click sound itself -- wouldn't mind hearing a shaker or something.

What about you pros? What do you use?

Trey Gray

Pro
Reaction score
hello,

I use the cheap Zoom MRT(?). I buy a new one each year. They cost about 100$. I program a little shaker pattern. You can then put them in song mode. They also have a foot switch function for on and off. I've been using them for years. Hope this helps.....oh, they are backlit as well.

cheers,
Trey Gray

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got my click station and Dr-770 with cowbell and wood block. All pumped through my IEM's.

Bugford

DFO Master
Reaction score
DanRH said:
I've got my click station and Dr-770 with cowbell and wood block. All pumped through my IEM's.

Do they run in sync?

hstck

Reaction score
I use a Clickstation live, but at home, I use an E-mu MP-7 which is full blown sequencer with synths, and basses and percussion,etc.....
The E-Mu is cool for practicing...I can quickly make a loop or groove, and add a bass part with the one octave keyboard it has on it... It does have that "what the hell is that thing" look to it......