faucet handle gonna need luck searching finding

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
The hardware looks just like my '58 14x22. I love the sound of that thing.
A gorgeous drum. She appears "naked" (heh-heh). Did you strip 'er down and refinish?
(Can't believe what I just wrote!)

Beesting

Reaction score
A gorgeous drum. She appears "naked" (heh-heh). Did you strip 'er down and refinish?
(Can't believe what I just wrote!)
I did. I ruined the value as far as it being original anymore, but I like the result and
have no plans to sell. It had the dark green with gold stripe finish. Underneath was a nice maple layer. It had calfskin heads, which I replaced, put a little muffling in the bottom and it sounds great. I use it a lot.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
...That leads me to another question....What in beejeepers is the thingmeebob doohicky that looks like it has 2 ice-cream scoopers on it (last 2 pics)?? I believe it is an Ajax part because of the diamond insignia.
Could be wrong but I bet that drum was used in a marching band, and that those holders held the bar that in turn held a sort of flip chart of all the tunes that would have been played over a long parade.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Could be wrong but I bet that drum was used in a marching band, and that those holders held the bar that in turn held a sort of flip chart of all the tunes that would have been played over a long parade.
That's the kind of answer I was hoping for! Yes, I'm assuming it was played in a New Orleans Jazz marching band so that would make total sense. Cheers!