COB Engraved Drum by Me (again)

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes it's that time again. 6.5" x 14" Medallion Brass with a traditional scroll pattern. This is one of our first ones with the new Arch throwoff. Ennnnnnnnnjoy!

Dyx Medallion Brass 6514 engraved classic scroll Arch 1600px.jpg

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just stunning... I've wanted an engraved snare for many years and this is about as tempting as any have ever come!!!

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just stunning... I've wanted an engraved snare for many years and this is about as tempting as any have ever come!!!

Well, it's available! However it will make the trip to NAMM first.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That is a gorgeous snare drum. But its looks are marred by the unsightly badge. It looks like a band-aide pasted across the face of the Mona Lisa. Give that drum a badge that it deserves!

GeeDeeEmm

Hop

DFO Master
Reaction score
That is a gorgeous snare drum. But its looks are marred by the unsightly badge. It looks like a band-aide pasted across the face of the Mona Lisa. Give that drum a badge that it deserves!

GeeDeeEmm
I agree... the outstanding scroll work seems unfortunately interrupted by that badge. I think a blank upper "panel" would be more suitable for the drum badge. However I think the ideal thing would have been to integrate the badge directly as an engraving... The hand logo would look pretty slick fashioned that way. I would then opt to place other manufacturer info on the inside of the shell.

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Gorgeous drum indeed but as soon as I saw it, I thought there was something wrong with the badge placement as well. However the builder always has a reason why certain things are done, as expected so perhaps there is something more to this.