COLIN BAILEY

KevinD

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Last night I read on fb that Colin Bailey had passed, this is sad news for sure, but in looking on the web for additional info (including his fb page <not really updated in a while anyway> or his website) I'm unable to find anything more about this. MD's search window only brings up an early article about him. Has anyone seen any stories about Colin's passing?

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
Vic Salazar (late of Vic's Drum Shop) has a great writeup on Facebook. Vic does a fantastic job of keeping up with drummer's birthdays and passings.

KevinD

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Awww man, very sad. Thank you for confirming. May he Rest In Peace..

Does anyone remember the show Fernwood 2Night with Martin Mull and Fred Willard?
Colin was the drummer in the house band -Happy Kyne (Frank DeVol) & the MirthMakers.
Tommy Tedesco played “Tommy Maranucci” the ex-con guitar player.

Interesting take on Boogie Fever here :) and Colin Bailey doing some cool "un-Colin Bailey" things. It looks like that show was a lot of fun to be on.

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

robthedrummer

Reaction score
Oh, this is sad news.

I took some lessons from him back in the mid 80's at his home. Very nice person and had great stories. Among his many accomplishments, he was Benny Goodman's last handpicked drummer.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Colin had great swing and played with a host of greats including Sarah Vaughan, Vince Guaraldi, Joe Pass, Monty Budwig, Chet Baker and even subbed for Ed Shaughnessy in the Tonight Show Band. I went through Colins book in the 80’s and it taught me to integrate the bass drum between the hands. Of course Colin had single strokes with his right foot that could blow down doors too, but he was really about the hand foot integration. Especially in soloing. Rest In Peace Mr. Bailey.