Colts Owner Plots Museum Featuring $3 Million Ringo Starr Drum Kit

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup and Gary down the road a bit.
Gary is 3 hours away from Indy and is more a part of Chicago.
Fort Wayne Indiana (2 hours), Louisville Kentucky (90 Minutes), and Cincinnati Ohio (a little over an hour) are closer to Indy.
1633980543500.png

Last edited:

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup and Gary down the road a bit.
A former trucker and recent recipient of my old job as boss and I were talking about our traveling history in the US. We're telling road stories. Another employee asks, "Hey, where's the nastiest and ugliest town you guys have ever been to?" In unison we say "Gary Indiana!" Worst place in the world for me has gotta be Karachi or Lahore, Pakistan depending on how long I was gonna be there. Best Beatle tribute band I ever witnessed was in Durban, South Africa. They were better than the stinking Beatles!! And they were Black!

Last edited:

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the "Ed Sullivan" set (set#2) which Ringo still owns. It's set #1 that was sold.
Agreed, this is the rail mount version that never had the Swivo's installed on it.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The company I work for has a very profitable shop in Indy ……

DD

Reaction score
Just my opinion but seems to me that all that Irsay owned stuff would be better served by and oughta go to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. All the accompanying infrastructure needed to run a museum- administration, fundraising, curatorial oversight, marketing, conservation etc. is already in place there not to mention similar mission and an established presence and history already. I’m sure an Irsay museum would have its own extremely well funded endowment given owner’s deep pockets… but it also just becomes a big ol’ vanity project at some point right? R&RHOF exhibition with your name on it not the same prestige as an entire facility with your name on it forever…Programming needs to also be thought about and well planned out also to have exhibitions that pull in future visitors.

I just wonder about a lot of things these mega billionaires tend to pursue nowadays…but mega rich benefactor looking to leave a named legacy for posterity has been the standard history of most museums for past 100+ years I guess…)

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion but seems to me that all that Irsay owned stuff would be better served by and oughta go to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. All the accompanying infrastructure needed to run a museum- administration, fundraising, curatorial oversight, marketing, conservation etc. is already in place there not to mention similar mission and an established presence and history already. I’m sure an Irsay museum would have its own extremely well funded endowment given owner’s deep pockets… but it also just becomes a big ol’ vanity project at some point right? R&RHOF exhibition with your name on it not the same prestige as an entire facility with your name on it forever…Programming needs to also be thought about and well planned out also to have exhibitions that pull in future visitors.

I just wonder about a lot of things these mega billionaires tend to pursue nowadays…but mega rich benefactor looking to leave a named legacy for posterity has been the standard history of most museums for past 100+ years I guess…)
He has a lot more than just music memorabilia in his collection. He has sports memorabilia (Peyton Manning's Colts Locker for one I know of) as well as some Pop Culture items as well.

DD

Reaction score
He has a lot more than just music memorabilia in his collection. He has sports memorabilia (Peyton Manning's Colts Locker for one I know of) as well as some Pop Culture items as well.

Didn’t realize that. Smithsonian could probably help him out too. Ha!