Company for custom sticks?

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was going to reorder a few pair of Rich Sticks and the website domain was for sale. I loved the specs I had ordered. It seems that is another casualty of lock down, possibly.

So- what do I do? Mine are 8A, 16 1/2” length. I love the way these feel. It didn’t occur to me to order more, as I wanted to try these along with my brick of Pro Mark in similar specs.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I believe that Jeff is still making sticks...at least his various facebook posts seem to show lots of sticks in various forms of completion.

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I believe that Jeff is still making sticks...at least his various facebook posts seem to show lots of sticks in various forms of completion.

Bummer. Will not go on Facebook.

Deafmoon

Reaction score
Bummer. Will not go on Facebook.
I used to be connected with hundreds of folks on FB. Mostly musicians, many of them pretty famous. I had great private conversations with folks like Alphonse Mouzon, Wallace Roney, Gary Husband, Antoine Fafard, Scott Thunes, so many more. But then I started to see invites from peoples kids, cousins and friends friends I never knew, nor did I want to know. Posts start appearing from Teeny boppers..."Oh we are going to the game now." "Oh now we're at the mall." Then someone's dog dies and I feel bad, but the heartache is posted for 3 months! FB is good for the incapacitated elderly that can not longer get about. Sorry it's a Sh*t Show!

amazish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
l just ordered 12 pairs of custom sticks. Will know more after they arrive but they have a good reputation. You can ask them to make absolutely any design you need

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not saying you should. Not a fan either...but it does show that Jeff is apparently still making sticks.
I get it. I hope I don’t seem ungrateful. Please accept my apologies if I did.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to reorder a few pair of Rich Sticks and the website domain was for sale. I loved the specs I had ordered. It seems that is another casualty of lock down, possibly.

So- what do I do? Mine are 8A, 16 1/2” length. I love the way these feel. It didn’t occur to me to order more, as I wanted to try these along with my brick of Pro Mark in similar specs.
Rich Sticks ceased operations way before the lockdown.
Used to get my sticks from them.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Rich Sticks ceased operations way before the lockdown.
Used to get my sticks from them.
Maybe so but Jeff is still making sticks. He posted about a new batch two days ago on facebook.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe so but Jeff is still making sticks. He posted about a new batch two days ago on facebook.
I don't know if that was Jeff.
Here's what they posted:

"Dear Rich Sticks Customers,

We regret to inform you that after almost 4 1/2 years in business, Josh and I have decided that we must close our doors. This was a heartbreaking decision to make, but reality dictates that our business model is unsustainable. Over the past two years, we worked really hard to grow and to find solutions, ways to change the business, but at this point we have exhausted all options and simply do not see a viable way forward.

We want to convey our deep appreciation for your business and support over these past 4+ years. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you, it has been an honor!

Officially, our last effective day of business will be December 31, 2017, but we will be closing down production well before that. It occurs to us that many of you might want to make one last order for sticks while you can. We will continue to take your orders for custom sticks through November 3. Any accessories that we currently have in stock will be available until all inventory has been sold.

If you do order sticks, please be patient with us in delivering them. We aren't sure how many orders we will get and how long it will take to produce them, but of course we will keep you updated on progress and all orders will be filled.

Thank you again and we wish you all the best,

Fitz & Josh"

Dumpy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't know if that was Jeff.
Here's what they posted:

"Dear Rich Sticks Customers,

We regret to inform you that after almost 4 1/2 years in business, Josh and I have decided that we must close our doors. This was a heartbreaking decision to make, but reality dictates that our business model is unsustainable. Over the past two years, we worked really hard to grow and to find solutions, ways to change the business, but at this point we have exhausted all options and simply do not see a viable way forward.

We want to convey our deep appreciation for your business and support over these past 4+ years. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you, it has been an honor!

Officially, our last effective day of business will be December 31, 2017, but we will be closing down production well before that. It occurs to us that many of you might want to make one last order for sticks while you can. We will continue to take your orders for custom sticks through November 3. Any accessories that we currently have in stock will be available until all inventory has been sold.

If you do order sticks, please be patient with us in delivering them. We aren't sure how many orders we will get and how long it will take to produce them, but of course we will keep you updated on progress and all orders will be filled.

Thank you again and we wish you all the best,

Fitz & Josh"
I bought my sticks mid-year. Didn’t get any notification. Weird.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Been using Jeff Rich's sticks for 5 years, I usually go through 12 pairs a year (50-75 gigs) He's starting to make nylon tip and I'm going to get 3 pair to try out. He is a member here, he originally went by Custom Drum Sticks and had to change to Igen drum sticks which is his name on here you can PM him. After Rich Sticks went out of biz he was able to change the name back to Custom Drum Sticks. He also made sticks for London for a while but no longer does. I've kept one pair from each batch so I have Custom, Igen and London's... I usually get two dozen at a time from him so he only hears from me every two years :) I talk to him though on facebook quite a bit.