header.nohb.html

Concert Toms are Back

poot

Penncrest Endorser
Reaction score
Here's Roger Taylor w/ Queen + Adam Lambert playing at the Queen's Platinum Party.

Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 9.32.20 AM.png

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danny Seraphine was playing this kit when I first saw him love with Chicago . Danny was my favourite player in my formative playing years and he was a huge influence on me . I have always had a find spot for Slingerland concert tom kits since I saw him play this one . It sounded great .
0DB3064E-1C6D-4C23-9560-EE78C1029FA5.jpeg

toddbishop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I liked Taylor Hawkins four piece with the added 8/10" concert toms. I'm going to get some of those.

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I remember seeing a thread like this years ago already, maybe the prophecy has come true. I still like double-headed toms. To me, concert toms are like rototoms or octobans, an extra, not a substitute.
I agree. My first kit had concert toms and I never liked them as a primary drum sound in standard 12/13/16 sizes, especially the floor tom. I did and still do like the vibe of smaller concert toms. Those higher pitched drums that bark with a sharp attack can sound cool, like Phil Collins, Hal Blaine or others with larger multiple tom setups. I’m not a fan of low and dead concert toms. Can’t stand Don Henley’s tubby sound on The Long Run album for example.