Congrats to Bun and Cheap Trick

Johnny D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Congratulations @Bun Carlos! Well-deserved!

On a separate, but similar note... I heard "The Flame" on the radio yesterday and that is some of the most masterful drumming ever laid down on tape. Bravo my friend.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score

On a separate, but similar note... I heard "The Flame" on the radio yesterday and that is some of the most masterful drumming ever laid down on tape. Bravo my friend.

I know the Flame may not be what die hard CT fans like to think of when CT is brought up but I love how Bun E played on that one. It was perfect for that song and I think it is very musical in approach. I love the snare sound too.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I didn't care for the album version when it came out but somewhere in the 90's [maybe?] Bun started doing this linear drum pattern during the intro of the song that was so cool. I thought the band really found a great energy live for this song post 80's. It doesn't hurt to have the best singer in the game either.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ain't that a shame ;)

Seriously, kudos to Bun and Cheap Trick
Their version of that tune absolutely kicks - arguably one of the best rock covers ever. To me, their rock sensibilities are just about perfect on it.

And yes, congratulations to Bun and the band. Very cool that they are acknowledged as significant American culture. We always knew it!

Titletown Tim

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Bun!

What a long and interesting journey it must have been from the “Pack and the Hounds” days to the R&R HOF and now the Library of Congress.

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Latest posts