Considering Rewrap on Pearl Session Series

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m considering doing a wrap job on this Pearl Session Series kit I just picked up. I’ve always wanted a green sparkle or glass kit. Just wondering how the finish would look under stage lights? Looks like the wrap would come off pretty easy and I’m looking at Jammin Sam or Precision. Any other options maybe more affordable? I don’t want to risk durability though as I may be in outdoor venue’s from time to time.

Attachments

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m considering doing a wrap job on this Pearl Session Series kit I just picked up. I’ve always wanted a green sparkle or glass kit. Just wondering how the finish would look under stage lights? Looks like the wrap would come off pretty easy and I’m looking at Jammin Sam or Precision. Any other options maybe more affordable? I don’t want to risk durability though as I may be in outdoor venue’s from time to time.
Man, I love Sessions! I'm wondering if they would send you a decent-sized swatch or scrap piece that you could actually take to a gig to see how it looks under lights. Mine are that Smokey Chrome finish that I believe made its way through World and even Export series and I have been tempted to rewrap, too!

Dan

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Man, I love Sessions! I'm wondering if they would send you a decent-sized swatch or scrap piece that you could actually take to a gig to see how it looks under lights. Mine are that Smokey Chrome finish that I believe made its way through World and even Export series and I have been tempted to rewrap, too!
Edit to say I may dig the original wrap after cleaning it up a little. It’s classy IMO

Dan
Yea I’m excited to get them cleaned up and play them. The drum heads just got in today and I’ve disassembled them to clean this evening. I’d like to add a 12” Tom but I can’t find anything matching the current wrap. I’d love to find out the shell makeup, they’re heavy shells in great shape.

Edit to say I may dig the original wrap after cleaning it up a little. It’s classy IMO

Attachments

Last edited:

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yea I’m excited to get them cleaned up and play them. The drum heads just got in today and I’ve disassembled them to clean this evening. I’d like to add a 12” Tom but I can’t find anything matching the current wrap. I’d love to find out the shell makeup, they’re heavy shells in great shape.

I believe they are birch/mahogany. I have purchased a few different shells. and while the shades vary, the sound is largely consistent. Singles pop up as cheap as dirt many times, keep looking around. I also recommend the 6.5x14 wood snare if you like birch snares. Sounds much like, if not preferable to, other birch snares I own, despite mahogany being in the mix. I think you will be very happy with the sound.

Dan

LBCD

Reaction score
I use Jammin Sam for glass glitter, eBay has some good deals too just buy locally from eBay if you go that route

5FC9EDB1-2E73-48B5-A738-6D50218042C4.jpeg
C6A30FD3-C3CC-4F3F-B376-87A60FB69FB3.jpeg

Last edited:

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with Precision Green Sparkle. I’m a little nervous about it but I’m taking my time to make sure the shells are nice and smooth and I use the recommended adhesive. The wrap I took off was just glued at the seams, I know that Precision says glue the whole shell. I see a lot of mixed opinions on this. Any recommendations for a newbie? This will be my first attempt at this job.

Attachments

Latest posts